KCA Ranch. A Work in Progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    It wasn't bad at all. My only delay was getting a missing survey. VLB was great due to low down payment and good interest rate. Let me know if you have any questions.
    ok, thanks I appreciate it. I definitely will.

Comment

Hoping to do the VA loan in the next couple of years as well.

Great buck on camera , I hope you get to see him in person.

Comment

My question for you is did you find a better value going East vs going West when choosing where to buy?

Comment

Dave, I didn't really look west. Hill country prices were steep, but we needed to stay fairly close Houston for several reasons. We got lucky and got a place with a well, electric, fenced, etc and saved us some time and money.

Comment

Yep, Chew and crew got a nice place!

Comment

Thanks Bruce. I think my fruit trees may make it. They looked a little better this time. We watered them again. Hoping to get some rain later this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                Hoping to get some rain later this week.
                Yes... Looks like some change each day for the next 5 or 6.

We sure could use the rain.

My tank is down about 3 foot.

Comment

Not sure if this link will work...but here's my grandson Jake Jr. having a grand time on the Kubota:

Playing in the creek with Daisy

Bubbles and a fan!

Last edited by Chew; 08-17-2015, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Yesterday I Took delivery of a cool little building that started life as a Union Pacific railroad switch house. It weighs a ton....make that two tons.

A buddy of mine went with me to centerville and we cleared a spot where it was gonna go. Used the tractor and brush grubber clamp to pull some bull yaupon up by the roots.

The spot was on a pretty steep grade but we leveled it the best we could with a few scoops of dirt.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440344354.036362.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	24399449

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440344366.280051.jpg
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	24399450

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440344383.436765.jpg
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	24399451

The delivery guys had the door facing backwards so we were in for some fun after they dumped it. Thank the lord for my jeep/winch and tractor.

We had to wrap a heavy strap around the shed and then I took my jeep in the other side of the wooded area and brought my cable through to the trailer. Then I winched it off the trailer (not easy when it gets caught on the lip at the edge). Finally got it off but now the door is facing the woods, not the opening. We took a long shiner bock break to do some thinking.

There were some cutouts in the corners of the floor that we ran the strap through and then positioned the jeep at the right angle to pull it so it would rotate the shed. Had to retool 3 times at different angles to get the door facing somewhat forward. More shiner bock break and had to dip into the DOS XX since this was a physics and engineering issue.

Now the shed was off the target location and was too far out towards the opening and needed to be pulled back. Our nice level pad was destroyed and we had plowed up several yards of dirt while spinning the shed.

Back to the jeep and I drive around until I guesstimated the right spot to get a good pulling angle. Bust through the brush to get the cable hooked up and we inched it into place. The winch was pulling my jeep so I had to put it in 4 Low and reverse for a little extra help. I got the signal that it was good and we took another Dos XX break.

Then we got it leveled with the Kubota and some scrap material and called it a day. TEXAS BURGER was calling.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440345222.801460.jpg
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	24399452

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440345239.185882.jpg
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	24399453

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440345259.556430.jpg
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	24399454

The inside needs some work but there is a serviceable shelf, exhaust fan, 3 lights with switches, and some external 12v lights.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440345343.415102.jpg
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	24399455

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440345356.429930.jpg
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	24399456

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440345370.896329.jpg
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	24399457

The door and locking mechanism is a beast. Gonna store a lot of tools and stuff in it for now. But might be a super smoke house in the future after I get my barn built.
                    Last edited by Chew; 08-23-2015, 09:58 AM.

Comment

That looks like a lot of work... but worth it.

Comment

sweet!

Comment

Thats going to be one hell of a smoke house..Did you get any rain over the last week?

Comment

I think we got some. Wasn't as dusty this time.

Comment

Dangit. Trying to load trail cams. Will try again at home.

Comment

Congrats on beating cancer, and thanks for showing me how to be strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X