No announcement yet.

Wood ****** problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goin to try rubber snakes, only I don't know where to buy rubber snakes.

Comment

Over 100 rubber snakes

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
        Goin to try rubber snakes, only I don't know where to buy rubber snakes.
        Walmart or dollar general is where I got them. I had a cardinal at my house 6 years ago that would fight its reflection in the window all day. Would have blood on the window. Bought enough rubber snakes and put one on each window ledge and it stopped. He moved to my neighbors house

Comment

Its the cardinals down in south Texas for me that does it. I sit there and watch them while I'm hunting. I thought it was Green Jays at first. Im putting wire mesh over the top of mine like a shelf. This way they can't sit on top of the cameras and lean over to reach the sensor. I might put a rubber snake on the wire mesh too now.

Comment

Paint them pink..... I know that guy in South Texas that paint their box blinds pink to keep the little peckers away. If it works for the stands, maybe it will work for the TC's?

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
              Having problem with wood peckers pecking out the lenses on my trail cams. Anyone got a DIY protector of some type to keep wood peckers off my cameras?
              Ohh,, I wish I could help you with that
              But I'd heard of stain remover will it work with it?? To be honest I'm not sure for it!!

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
                Paint them pink..... I know that guy in South Texas that paint their box blinds pink to keep the little peckers away. If it works for the stands, maybe it will work for the TC's?
                Ironic that the color pink would keep the peckers AWAY!
                Last edited by sweetinlow660; 12-05-2013, 06:00 AM. Reason: TYPO

Comment

Originally posted by freezerfiller View Post
                  Rubber snakes will keep them from messing with them
                  we lost 12 in 1 trip before to them. Been putting snakes on them sence and have not had a problem

Comment

Turkeys will do the same thing!

Comment

Originally posted by ground level View Post
                      Only problem with doing this or killing them, they are a protected species no different than any other songbird in our state.
                      Didn't know that

Comment

Working...
                      X