Wood ****** problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wood ****** problem

Having problem with wood peckers pecking out the lenses on my trail cams. Anyone got a DIY protector of some type to keep wood peckers off my cameras?
    Last edited by sotx; 12-03-2013, 01:29 PM.

lol really, blanked out ******?

Comment

SOB and it did it even with a misspelling..

Comment

We have the same issue.

Comment

LOL yea so I changed it and it posted it twice

Comment

HAHA, pictures of them in action or this thread of peckers is worthless. haha

Comment

I have never heard of that, we got quite a few on our place and I can't afford to be buying cameras all the time. Although I might sacrifice one for a few good pictures

Comment

Those birds are good for nothing. I'm sure someone will have an idea, good luck!

Comment

Mouse trap.

Comment

Used to happen to my cudde all the time. They would peck out the black sensor dot. Cudde will send you new replacements in the mail if you call them(if that's what you own). I ended up painting the cam flat black to match the "eye" piece. Never had a problem after that. I always thought they assumed it was a knot in a tree being a black circle on brown.

Comment

TC pictures of that would be funny but anyway try using a piece of Lexan.

Comment

Rubber snakes will keep them from messing with them

Comment

I was wondering what poked out the white lens on 2 of my Wildgame camera

Comment

Originally posted by thorshammer View Post
                            Used to happen to my cudde all the time. They would peck out the black sensor dot. Cudde will send you new replacements in the mail if you call them(if that's what you own). I ended up painting the cam flat black to match the "eye" piece. Never had a problem after that. I always thought they assumed it was a knot in a tree being a black circle on brown.
                            Yep, had this happen to one if my Cuddes this year. When I saw it, it took me a few to figure out what could've done, them it occurred to me. Mine was salvageable, though. Good to know Cudde will send you a new one. Painting black is also a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy8 View Post
                              Mouse trap.
                              Only problem with doing this or killing them, they are a protected species no different than any other songbird in our state.

Comment

Working...
                              X