No announcement yet.

How to stand up heavy bow tower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tractor on one side and truck on the other. Pick it up as high a possible with the tractor, then use rope and truck on the other side to tip it over. We do 33' tall windmills the same way.

Comment

1" tubing to way too small for a 10' tower. I use 1-1/2" 14 gage on my 8' blinds.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
        1" tubing to way too small for a 10' tower. I use 1-1/2" 14 gage on my 8' blinds.
        I used 3" 1/4 wall on my 12' blinds
        A good wind would twist a 1" tubing blind

Comment

Originally posted by jebsvitals View Post
          Triangles are your best friend.

^^^

Comment

I've seen 12 foot towers made of 1 1/2" angle iron with 4x4 wooden blinds attached stood up with chains and a truck. Those towers were braced properly and were hell for stout. As stated above, triangles can fix most structural concerns.

Comment

Always have your stand fully braced before standing up.

Comment

Go to redneck blinds website and check out how they stand there stands up. Very easy!!

Comment

You need a A frame to stand up. I will look for a video we made a few years back to show you its easy as pie

Comment

Video shows methods of setting up a Redneck Hunting Blind and Stand. The video also shows how to level and anchor the blind. http://www.redneckblinds.com

watch these, but you can reduce stress on legs with a fulcrum 8.44 on video like a ladder.
                    Last edited by Brannon74; 12-03-2013, 05:39 PM.

Comment

We always use a ladder for a fulcrum. But for us its always a challenge.
                      I highly recommend cross bracing.

Comment

Working...
                      X