Cabin Build - The Catfish Shed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SAM STEPHENS View Post
    I'll kill a hog and we can put him in the ground and cook him up and make a day of it....

,,,,Sam,,,,
    Now you're talking! We need to bury another bathtub out there.

Comment

[quote=bobc;7900152]
      Originally posted by Rwc View Post

Will do RWC! And Larry, after talking to Shelly today, it sounds like you could use some porch time.
      There is no doubt about that!

Originally posted by SAM STEPHENS View Post
      I'll kill a hog and we can put him in the ground and cook him up and make a day of it....

,,,,Sam,,,,

Liking the sound of that Sam

Comment

Sweet build. That place will be around for a long time.

Comment

Following... Very cool thread, I wish I had a helper painting as I went along

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
            Following... Very cool thread, I wish I had a helper painting as I went along
            Thanks! Hey, the painter helper is awesome!

Originally posted by ckuehl View Post
            Sweet build. That place will be around for a long time.
            Thank ya. I hope she is around for generations to come.

Comment

Well, we got the holiday knocked out then went back to work. Saturday we roughed out our room divider door frame. Then added our ceiling joists in the back room. Today we got the rafters done on the back room then moved to the front porch. Got the top plate boxed up and braced, then ran out of daylight. Can't wait to get the porch done. After that, progress just might stop...
              Attached Files

Comment

Coming along great... keep up the hard work! Just the posts alone make it all worth it... something your family will talk about for years to come. Awesome...

Comment

Originally posted by Devil1 View Post
                  Coming along great... keep up the hard work! Just the posts alone make it all worth it... something your family will talk about for years to come. Awesome...
                  Thank ya sir!

Comment

Just out of curiosity, why no subfloor before doing all the walls? Looking good though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                      Just out of curiosity, why no subfloor before doing all the walls? Looking good though.
                      I'm thinking, plumbing, electrical and all..then insulate and deck

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                        With all of the wet weather we have been having, we wanted to get the sheet iron on prior to putting in a sub-floor.

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                        I'm thinking, plumbing, electrical and all..then insulate and deck
                        As of right now, there will not be conventional electricity to it - it is a pretty long stretch to a point where we could tie-in. Our intention is to go solar.

Comment

Wasn't able to work on the cabin this weekend due to the cold snap, but Pops picked up what we are hoping to be the last load of new lumber that we are gonna need for this project. Lowes needs to give Brittany a raise! She loaded it all for Nana and Pops.
                          Attached Files

Comment

A few of the trees around the place that have put on their fall clothes. Beautiful out there this time of year.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Now that the sap is going down, the tank is starting to look a lot better as well.
                              Attached Files

Comment

That is a beautiful place Bob. Hope it warms back up so y'all can get the cabin dried in!

Comment

Working...
                                X