No announcement yet.

Cabin Build - The Catfish Shed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man thats an awesome looking cabin !!! i love how its being built !!

Comment

This is awesome! I really enjoy seeing your progress. Im living vicariously through your build. Thanks for the updates and good job on the build!

Comment

Originally posted by luckylick View Post
        "Momma - get me my yellow pad and a pencil"
        You nailed it! I was telling Mott on Sunday that I wanted to get one of them little clicker counting thingamajigs and count how many times dad called for mom.

Originally posted by luckylick View Post
        how long before you / we get drunk and fall off the front porch....
        Prolly not long...I'm betting that we have a pretty good chance of trying the next time you come out. Doubt we get the porch rails taken care of by then.

Comment

Originally posted by stephens6 View Post
          This is awesome! I really enjoy seeing your progress. Im living vicariously through your build. Thanks for the updates and good job on the build!
          Thank ya sir. Glad you are liking!

Comment

Originally posted by dadogg View Post
            Coming along nicely - Can't wait to see the exterior finished
            Thanks, I will keep the pics coming!

Comment

Originally posted by stephens6 View Post
              Glad you are enjoying!

Comment

Wow, y'all made a lot of progress! I am always in awe of people who can visualize something and then build it! My Dad was like that....I did not get that gene!

Comment

I am so inspired with this project. Awsome

Comment

Originally posted by Double L View Post
                    Wow, y'all made a lot of progress! I am always in awe of people who can visualize something and then build it! My Dad was like that....I did not get that gene!
                    Originally posted by tbeard View Post
                    I am so inspired with this project. Awsome
                    Thank ya Larry and tbeard. Still having a lot of fun out there!

Comment

I plan on heading out there again tomorrow. Sunday, however, is a different story - and could get pretty interesting. We are gonna use old beaded pine for some interior wainscoting. I have an old house with some in it that I plan to pull down and use. There is one problem though... One of the walls is FULL of bees - gotta get them out of there before I go in and start making a bunch of noise.

So Sunday, I am meeting a beekeeper out there to remove the bees. He told me I could be his "helper". I have never done "bee removal" before, so I hope I don't take home to many stingers!

Comment

Saturday's update: Went up with the rafters for the front room. Still got some braces to add, but that can be done before the sheet iron goes on. Also set the top plate for the back room. Was a great day overall with nice weather. Mom and dad hung out, and the dogs got a lot of play time.

Our slapstick attempt at this does not seem to bother the deer either. I was up on the ladder, looked out about 40 yards, and there was a little four point grazing and wagging his tail.
                        Attached Files

Comment

On Sunday, went to the dilapidated farm house Sunday to get rid of the bee problem. Instead of only one hive, we ran into two of them. Must have been 150 thousand bees swarming us. Pretty wild experience for someone like me with no experience in this field.

Gonna be using some material from this house for the cabin, so the bees had to go first. Bradley Ware met me out there - top notch dude if you have bee problems in the Bell County area. Learned a lot from him and had a great time. He will get a stellar recommendation from me any day of the week. Looking forward to the honey and bees wax we scored from the combs as well.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wow. Not sure I would have hung around with the bees a buzzing! You must really want the stuff out of that old house pretty bad......or your Dad does!

Comment

Originally posted by Double L View Post
                              Wow. Not sure I would have hung around with the bees a buzzing! You must really want the stuff out of that old house pretty bad......or your Dad does!
                              That was actually a lot of fun! I did start to second guess my decision to participate there for a little while, but they seemed more concerned with gorging on their honey than they were messing with me.

Comment

Man I think all this cabin building has ran all my deer off the property , oh never mind I dont think they mind at all. Pics sent......

,,,,,Sam,,,,,

Comment

Working...
                                X