Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 acre ranch build - raw land to paradise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
    cool deal....the power is guna be nice.....you may need to make the hole just a little bigger.....
    Hehehe, it's three feet in diameter and five feet deep...I was up to my shoulders standing in it while finishing it. It has 1600lbs of concrete in it so I can be DARN sure the gate won't sag. :-)

Comment

It should hold........

Comment

I'm super excited to report that electricity is on the way!

Should have power on the property within 20 working days. I'm going to have the meter loop near the road along with a security light, then trench conduit a few hundred feet to where the hangout area is, and have both high and low voltage receptacles there.

Here are some pics of more awesome tractor work clearing out yaupon into burn piles.

Comment

Thanks for the pics and progress reports.

Comment

sweet

Comment

Great updates!

Comment

What is that on the back of the tractor?

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post

Here are some pics of more awesome tractor work clearing out yaupon into burn piles.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
                  What is that on the back of the tractor?
                  It's an Armstrong Ag double grader

Comment

Ahhh OK

I was trying to relate that pic, together with the shredder you got and it wasn't working

Comment

Ok, I'm a day late to post this, due to having posted a quick thread in AtC and having done a LOT OF work, the day escaped me.

Here's the story...

I loaded up my supplies and headed out to the ranch Friday afternoon, with plans of delivering a few things for my ranch hand and spending two nights in the blind with my trusty AR, waiting for the piggies.

When I arrive and check the trail camera - woohoo!! I have not only a new boar who's huge, but a sounder of 10+ that have recently shown up three times! This is a welcome change from earlier months when one or two younger boars have been pretty much all I've seen.

Large boar

Some of the sounder

However, they were mostly all coming in between 3-6:30am. So, I watched until around 10pm, then set up my cot that I keep in the blind and got all cozied up, opened my bow window so I would hopefully hear them if they showed up, and proceeded to have one of the most peaceful nights of sleep in my life.

My setup

I woke up instinctively every few hours and peeped my head up to see if my Elusive Wildlife motion feeder light was on, but there was nothing.

My alarm went off at 6 am and I closed the bow window, noticed the feeder light was not on, and got ready to open the blind door to take a much needed ****.

Wait...just a split second before I opened the door, the thought struck me "use the rifle light and scan around the feeder...just in case." So I open a rifle window, aim this gal toward the feeder

Turn the light on, and....HOLY SHI....

I'm staring right at a pig!! I quickly turn the light off, remove safety, tilt the barrel up to the top of the trees, turn the light back on, settle the barrel slowly down to the pig, park the crosshair right behind the ear, and let her eat.

The pig drops instantly like a sack of potatoes when a M855 green tip finds its mark, and is just doing death kicks.

I can't believe it!! I did it! Finally! First Soggy Bottom Ranch hog!!

After remembering how SO many people I k ow have dropped a pig like this, only to have it magically disappear, I dropped one more straight in the chest, just to be safe, and waited a good five minutes with the crosshair parked on it before I dared believe it was fully dead.

At this point I was guessing weight at 150-175, but when I walked up to it....(after bracing mouth open)

It was huge!!

No really, it was huge!! 240 lbs to be exact!!

I brought him to my TBH brother Pig Addiction's place where he, myself and TXUSNAVYCHIEF fully processed him in about 4 hours!

Thank goodness for awesome friends making an awesome end to an awesome hunt!!

Comment

Just seeing this thread for the first time awesome work you've done out there man. And congrats that is one big hog. This thread is definitely an inspiration. I can't wait to get some property and be doin what you are. Again. Congrats on that pig. Thing is a beast

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
                          Just seeing this thread for the first time awesome work you've done out there man. And congrats that is one big hog. This thread is definitely an inspiration. I can't wait to get some property and be doin what you are. Again. Congrats on that pig. Thing is a beast
                          First time for me as well!! Subscribed!!

Comment

wow....now you're cooking!

Comment

Awesome job!!

Comment

Congrats, been following thread for a while now

Comment

Working...
                                X