Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

24 acre ranch build - raw land to paradise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool report!

Comment

Yep, definitely getting excited! The front frame is 90% complete, and I should have it skinned and finished by the end of next week, since this weekend will be (happily) consumed by having both kids with me.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nimrodtracy View Post
        Very cool report!
        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
          I got $20 that says that wire won't last a week when the pigs start hitting it.

That little dog collar clamp will be the next weakest link.
          LOL, was thinking the same. It ain't gonna make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
            LOL, was thinking the same. It ain't gonna make it.
            Yeah, I took Kevin's advice and beefed it up to a gnarly braided wire that you could tow a truck with.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
              Yeah, I took Kevin's advice and beefed it up to a gnarly braided wire that you could tow a truck with.

I've enjoyed reading your thread. I bought 30 acres in East Texas last April and just added another 20 to it last month. I understand your labor of love with the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                I've enjoyed reading your thread. I bought 30 acres in East Texas last April and just added another 20 to it last month. I understand your labor of love with the place.
                Thanks man! Yeah, it's definitely a passion-filled endeavor. I can't wait to start hog hunting and predator calling from this blind once I finish it.

This spring I'll be kicking a lot of plans into gear to really make the place more habitable for deer as well.

Comment

You have made some great progress with your ranch. It looks great. I read through just about the whole thread. A labor of love. Nothing like sweat equity into your hobby.
                  Last year I bought a 6.5 ac parcel in Harper and am looking to purchase the adjoining 8. Following your thread for ideas. Good Luck and shoot them hogs!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                    You have made some great progress with your ranch. It looks great. I read through just about the whole thread. A labor of love. Nothing like sweat equity into your hobby.
                    Last year I bought a 6.5 ac parcel in Harper and am looking to purchase the adjoining 8. Following your thread for ideas. Good Luck and shoot them hogs!
                    Thanks, man! It's definitely a lot of fun, and very rewarding. I can't wait for how great it's going to be within a few years! Those hogs are going to be suffering once they stop feasting on acorns and actually visit my trap/feeder again.

Comment

nice

Comment

spring is near...we will see lots of upgrades at this place...guna be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                          You better believe it!

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Holy macaroni! Where has the time gone?

It's been an insanely busy winter, and between family, hunting and (more recently) getting the spring garden kicked into gear, I'm just now getting time to sneak in more ranch progress!

My Dad and I are headed to ye olde Soggy Bottom Ranch tomorrow to knock out some work.

The plan:

1. Get the holes dug in which to pour the concrete footings that will hold the steel posts the wonderful gate JACK71 made for me.

2. Fix the broken strands of barb wire at the north fence line.

3. Do some more chainsaw work

4. Get the neighbor to shred some of the pasture, and possibly broadcast and disk in a food plot about 1 acre in size

5. Set up my new Krivoman feeder!!

6. Set up one of two new ladder stands I purchased on clearance from Academy for a STEAL at $39/ea!

Here are some pics of the progress I snuck in on finishing the front frame of my "Blindominium", the ladder stands, and the mighty feeder!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                                The time is upon us, sir! I'm going to be scheduling a time very soon to swing through Stan's to get the brush hog. I hope I can work it out to where I can meet you both on the same day and we can share a few drinks before I make it all the way back to Round Rock.

Comment

Working...
                                X