1977 silverado fix up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joeshooter View Post
    You are motivating me to get started on a project of my own. Thanks a bunch for getting me to see that anything can be accomplished, especially when it is for your own kids.
    We will be refurbishing the first truck i ever bought and paid for alone. When i got my degree in '87 and started teaching/coaching career I bought a spanking new F250 , 2WD. It has been sitting alone in the sun for quite a few years now. But it is possible for us to get it back going. Thanks a bunch for the motivation, updates and pics.
    You got it buddy. Good luck and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
      Sweet. The kid seems to be really enjoying it and learning some too. I have been doing some stuff with out her like the carb today, but I will wait for her to try and fire it.
      Show us some pics when you get it have fun with the boy.
      So the truck was a rust bucket and we passed on it BUT we bougth the 87 k10 4x4 SWB that was for sale on here. Pisc to follow!

Comment

1977 silverado fix up

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
        So the truck was a rust bucket and we passed on it BUT we bougth the 87 k10 4x4 SWB that was for sale on here. Pisc to follow!
        Sweet I bet I know which one.

I didn't do anything to the truck except move it to the other side of the garage this weekend.
        I hope to have more updates this weekend

Comment

Sweet I bet I know which one.

I didn't do anything to the truck except move it to the other side of the garage this weekend.
          I hope to have more updates this weekend
          Slacker!

Comment

subscribing!

Comment

Tuned in brother... Looking good so far

Comment

1977 silverado fix up

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                Slacker!
                It was too cold.

I did put the seat in it and let the kid drive it around the block a couple times.
                Only stalled once, but almost did about a dozen times. Need to have it reliable and registered by spring so we can take it out to the lease and turn her loose.

Comment

That truck is in great shape! Sooo jealous......

Yall have fun! Please keep those hood hinges lubed up, and always be gentle closing it as those things will buckle in a heart beat.

Comment

1977 silverado fix up

Originally posted by TexaswBOWhunter View Post
                    Tuned in brother... Looking good so far
                    Now that you are staying in the US get you and the wife and kids up here for some Texoma this summer.

Comment

like he said those hing brackets will allow the hood to buckle... on my 77 we added some angle iron between the hood and hinge to extend the hinge bracket support... worked good.

Comment

1977 silverado fix up

Originally posted by Big_gun View Post
                        like he said those hing brackets will allow the hood to buckle... on my 77 we added some angle iron between the hood and hinge to extend the hinge bracket support... worked good.
                        My dad use to ride me about opening and closing the hood. I close it by applying inward pressure rather than down. I like the angle iron idea. Might have to do that. Did you run it all the way to the front as far as you could? Looks like you could probably go 7/8 of the length of the hood.

Comment

LMC has them.

Shop from thousands of parts and accessories to help you restore, maintain, and customize your Chevrolet, GMC, Dodge or Ford truck or SUV. Keep 'em on the road with the right part, right price, right now.

Comment

We need an update SLACKER!

Comment

Sorry I have been slacking on this guys.
                              We are getting our foundation leveled Thursday, but they need to cut into my garage floor. I had to unattache cabinets and work bench from the wall and reorganize the garage so I could move the truck to the other side. Had to do that last weekend cause this weekend I head to shoot some snow geese.
                              I will hit it hard starting next weekend. I will post a couple pics of the pier installation in the garage.

Comment

Sorry I have been slacking on this guys.
                                We are getting our foundation leveled Thursday, but they need to cut into my garage floor. I had to unattache cabinets and work bench from the wall and reorganize the garage so I could move the truck to the other side. Had to do that last weekend cause this weekend I head to shoot some snow geese.
                                I will hit it hard starting next weekend. I will post a couple pics of the pier installation in the garage.
                                Dude.... No excuses! Get it done....

Looking forward to the updates.... Hoping the foundation repairs go well also.....

Comment

Working...
                                X