Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ATTACH]441909[/ATTACH]
    Kind of thinking I should have gone to an electric choke
    Last edited by Sparkles; 01-10-2013, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Like the new carb!

Man cant wait picking up an 86 3/4 ton 4x4 with 4spd on saturday for the me and the boy.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
        Like the new carb!

Man cant wait picking up an 86 3/4 ton 4x4 with 4spd on saturday for the me and the boy.
        Sweet. The kid seems to be really enjoying it and learning some too. I have been doing some stuff with out her like the carb today, but I will wait for her to try and fire it.
        Show us some pics when you get it have fun with the boy.

Comment

manual is sweet....run the cable in...tell/show her how it works....never need a screw driver to hold it open....
          You should have discs on the front already.

Comment

Love this build. I drove a 76 Custom Deluxe during high school and wish I had it back!

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
              manual is sweet....run the cable in...tell/show her how it works....never need a screw driver to hold it open....
              You should have discs on the front already.
              Power brakes but drums.
              Should be a pretty easy swap though huh?

Comment

find a 77 with them already....my 76 had them

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                  find a 77 with them already....my 76 had them
                  Your right it does have em already. I have no idea why I thought they weren't.
                  Maybe all the surface rust on em made me think they were drums while like through the rims
                  Last edited by Sparkles; 01-10-2013, 03:25 PM.

Comment

cool, the rears should be easy....i think you'll need to pull the axles to replace the backing plate..if so, then would be a good time to replace the axle bearings...and I think the proportioning valve will be changed out(not for sure here).....

Comment

That's gonna be a nice truck

Comment

AWESOME TRUCK!

Be sure to put some of the new noise dampening insulation back in the floor and up the back wall, and everywhere else you can reach. Also the steering wheel from an 88-94 chevy pickup will bolt right in place of that old one. Looks like it may already have the HEI distributor, but if not that's an easy upgrade that will save you some headaches.

I miss my '85 3/4ton 4X4.

Comment

Also, a back window for that thing costs beans, that slider is an invitation for every wetback in the world to break in.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            AWESOME TRUCK!

Be sure to put some of the new noise dampening insulation back in the floor and up the back wall, and everywhere else you can reach. Also the steering wheel from an 88-94 chevy pickup will bolt right in place of that old one. Looks like it may already have the HEI distributor, but if not that's an easy upgrade that will save you some headaches.

I miss my '85 3/4ton 4X4.
                            Yup has HEI definitely going to put the sound deadening heat shield stuff every where that will be covered. I like the idea of an 88-94 steering wheel. Wanted to do something but didn't want a Grant. Thanks Dale
                            Doing all this makes me want to buy a beater 2500 4x4 with TBI and make it a toy.
                            Last edited by Sparkles; 01-10-2013, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Looks like lots oh fun!!

Comment

You are motivating me to get started on a project of my own. Thanks a bunch for getting me to see that anything can be accomplished, especially when it is for your own kids.
                                We will be refurbishing the first truck i ever bought and paid for alone. When i got my degree in '87 and started teaching/coaching career I bought a spanking new F250 , 2WD. It has been sitting alone in the sun for quite a few years now. But it is possible for us to get it back going. Thanks a bunch for the motivation, updates and pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X