• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait for the maiden voyage!

Comment

Me either.

Comment

Well, i removed the old shelf i added because it ended up being zinc coated. I added more shelving racks and still need to add enough for two more shelves. I patched a hole from the lightbulb and patched the indention from the coolant line. Also started on the steel trim that was originally plastic. More soon. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363552105.187566.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	24182043Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363552117.065770.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	24182044

Comment

Neat project

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Got the rest of the shelves installed and got everything sealed up with RTV. Next step is the insulation. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364124012.333873.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	24183423

Comment

Had some stainless steel bolts break on me so now I have to head back to Lowes. I know, who likes having to go to Lowes??? This guy does! I have a few holes to fill...left over from the original fridge racks and plastic grommets. Just a bolt and a couple of washers for those. Then on to the insulation. I am still trying to figure out how to get the tub back in the shell without smashing the insulation down. I'm thinking cardboard between the tub and insulation. Install insulation, insert cardboard strips and then slide tub in. Then pull out cardboard?? Not sure it that will work. Before I do that I need to check the ground wiring on the burner to make sure it's tight and won't shock me. After I get the tub in i cam start on the steel trim. It's definitely taking longer than I thought it would but I'm taking my time and teiple checking every step i take to make sure I dont have to disassemble once i'm done.

Comment

Do you have a partslist for what you ordered from Auberins? Thinking I might as well get a PID for my setup!

Comment

Yea. It's at the office though. I'll get it together and post it for you.

Comment

Cool project, post up pics when complete and smoking.

Do you have any plans for additional heat if desired? For example, I fully cook my summer sausage at 250 deg in my out house, then smoke for flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                        Cool project, post up pics when complete and smoking.

Do you have any plans for additional heat if desired? For example, I fully cook my summer sausage at 250 deg in my out house, then smoke for flavor.
                        With the 1500 watt burner I should be able to hit 300-350 with no problem...although I will not be running that high. 225-250 max. I do have an additional 650 watt burner I can add. Once I finish this one and start on the stainless steel, double door commercial, I'll be using a 1500 watt fin strip heater that's capable of 1200 degrees. With the PID controller I can set whatever temp I want and it will keep temp +/- 1 degree of set temp.

Comment

Finished plugging the last of the holes on the fridge and fabricated a new floor for the shell. Had to stop to feed the dog. Insulation is next...FINALLY!

Comment

Originally posted by tgil View Post
                            Do you have a partslist for what you ordered from Auberins? Thinking I might as well get a PID for my setup!
                            The list man, where is the list! :-D

Comment

Cool

Comment

Originally posted by tgil View Post
                                The list man, where is the list! :-D
                                X2

Comment

Working...
                                X