No announcement yet.

New Lease Ride Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sir, tank and sending u it together were like exactly $200 total if I remember right.

Comment

Progress was made today! I finally got home with like 45 mins of daylight left so I knocked out the driver front. New caliper and pads, even got the wife to help bleed it.
      I also dodged a bullet with the power steering. It didn’t want to do a thing, but a little fluid and she’s working just fine.
      Attached Files

Comment

Can’t imagine why that wasn’t working.
        Attached Files

Comment

Rear brakes were halted by a snapped line, so those are on the way. Luckily it goes and stops by itself now so I was able to move it out of site of the HOA GOFs.

Comment

We’re deep into the fixing now, boys.
            Attached Files

Comment

I finally feel like real progress was made today. Brakes are done, both rear axle seals replaced, every zerk greased.

Passenger hub wasn’t unlocking, and when I went to investigate, I noticed the pieces weren’t the same as the other side, so instead of guessing how to fix, I just bought and installed new ones.

I just have to wait til tomorrow for the RTV to cure and refill the diff, then it’ll be time for a real test drive.
              Attached Files

Comment

I’ve been plugging along, just nothing worth seeing lately. The brakes still suck, so I went ahead and got a new master cylinder. It’s mounted and bench bled, I just need to bleed the lines once more but I need more brake juice. I’ll say that the pedal feels better just bleeding it with no load than the old one did hooked up, so I think that’s going to solve that issue. I got a new temp sender and wire put in. I’m pretty certain there is no thermostat in the truck, but haven’t checked yet. I did take it on a spin around the neighborhood the other day, which was pretty fun.

Comment

Nice work, I enjoy seeing the progress ! My 16 year old son and I have been changing upper and lower ball joints, tie rods, and steering box on the 86 C20. It’s a great test run for the 84 K25 once we get some more funds !

Comment

I’m sure this one needs all that, but I’m just not sure it’s necessary for where it’s going. I did install a bottle of power steering stop leak yesterday, and greased everything that can be greased.

Comment

This thing is officially becoming a pain. Bled the brakes this morning, starting with the rear. When I started on the front, I instantly blew out a rear hard line, so I guess the new master cylinder is working better than the old one haha.
                      Brake tubing and fittings coming from the jungle tomorrow.

Comment

Gotta love old trucks! I've got two of them, '93 Chevy and a '97 Ford. And have owned old trucks most of my life.

Comment

I got the hard line replaced from the junction under the cab to the rear. I went ahead and ordered a new rear soft line since it would be the only old thing left and I'm tired of finding new issues. It should be on my porch today so I'll get it installed and then re-bleed the brakes for the 72th time. At least I know for a fact that there is zero old fluid left in it at this point.

Comment

Brakes are done! I can’t even explain how good it felt to press the pedal and it be nice and firm right away.

Comment

Keep up the progress reports, I’m digging it!

Comment

I took the kids for rides around the neighborhood over the weekend. Truck is running great, but it is on to the next round of items. I know I titled this "lease ride," which it will be, but I'm basically just tinkering away fixing what is wrong.
                                The dash pad that was backordered is finally about to arrive, so along with it I would like to fix everything under the dash that needs attention at once.
                                I'm going to pull out the cluster and clean the lens, replacing if needed. I think the rear housing may need to be replaced as the part where the gear indicator cable rides looked broken, but I'm gonna dig a little further before ordering parts. Speedo cable needs replaced. Fuel gauge isn't working, so I'll also need to dig into that while I'm there. I also ordered new speakers, but I'm hoping to retain the old 8-track just because I think it is cool, but only one speaker was playing so we will have to see what's up with that.

Even though she stops now, the front brake rotors are warped something terrible, so I am going to go ahead and do that. New shocks should also get here this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X