No announcement yet.

What to sheet blind with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triple S Steel is where we got our flat metal that was camouflaged.

Comment

DDM in Brenham should have lots of options as well

Comment

Thanks for the information

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          metal depot in waller will sell it flat. Thats where I got mine and believe it was 10 foot rolls

hilco in navasota will sell it flat as well but was higher than waller when I built last year
          How much was it bro for a 10’ roll? And wouldnt a light gauge sheet metal be prone to flex and possibly make noise in the wind? I know the verticles on my wall frames are about 20” apart. Just wondering out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post

How much was it bro for a 10’ roll? And wouldnt a light gauge sheet metal be prone to flex and possibly make noise in the wind? I know the verticles on my wall frames are about 20” apart. Just wondering out loud.
            Two rolls of green was $258, they may have been 12. I dont remember. It does flex and make hella noise when youre moving it to build etc. My frame is 6 feet tall in the front, has 3 windows and frames to screw around. Two sides and the rear have just once brace in the center and the wind (at lease where mine is sitting) doesnt pop the metal.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Two rolls of green was $258, they may have been 12. I dont remember. It does flex and make hella noise when youre moving it to build etc. My frame is 6 feet tall in the front, has 3 windows and frames to screw around. Two sides and the rear have just once brace in the center and the wind (at lease where mine is sitting) doesnt pop the metal.
              Thats crazy that it doesn’t flex. Two years ago I had the bright idea to use or cedar fence pickets from a fence job to cover my frame. I caulked in between each picket. Bad idea.
              It couldn’t take one summer of Texas heat. Once those boards expanded it was all she wrote. I must admit that the stand was beautiful with my pressure washed pickets. Had I used my head I shoulda put roofing paper down first then my pickets. That’s life as a resident dumb arse sometimes! Lol!

Comment

Best I can do for pic at the moment. I t will flex if you kick it or something but wind aint getting it. Its looking due north but in a open pocket in the middle of the woods. Roughly 40 yards wide east to west and 60 yards north to south Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20240108_082448_WhatsApp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	251.6 KB ID:	26686189
                Last edited by Quackerbox; 01-08-2024, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X