What to sheet blind with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to sheet blind with

So I finally got one of those almost 8 ft fiber optic spools to make a blind. I want it to nice and last a long time. I don't know what would be the best material to be as scent proof as possible and quite as possible. Thought about wrapping in black plastic and then using rpanel. Also thought about indoor outdoor carpet. What do think would be the best way to sheet it?

Scent Proof?

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
      Scent Proof?
      Least amount of airflow

Comment

In for the answers

Comment

Metal Mart has some camo tin that looks pretty slick as well as some that looks like stacked stone. Either would really look cool. You can also get it in flat sheets.
          Last edited by Draco; 12-23-2023, 05:32 PM.

Comment

I would use U-Panel, spray foam the inside, and paint it flat black.

Comment

I used what draco posted on the last one. Evergreen in color. It wasnt as easy as I expected it to be but my blind was also 6 sided with three bow windows on the front. If you go this route an electric nibbler will pay for itself pretty quick (I got one from harbor freight). As DMo said, INSULATE IT. If not for weather, sound. I put 1/2 foam panel in mine and its still loud as hell.

Its about 5 foot off the ground and has a 3/4'' floor in it and you have to be extremely quite in it. Im gonna add another layer of carpet and need to figure out what to do for more insulation on the walls. Spray foam would prolly be best but its in the woods now and I dont feel like hauling it all the way back home

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                I used what draco posted on the last one. Evergreen in color. It wasnt as easy as I expected it to be but my blind was also 6 sided with three bow windows on the front. If you go this route an electric nibbler will pay for itself pretty quick (I got one from harbor freight). As DMo said, INSULATE IT. If not for weather, sound. I put 1/2 foam panel in mine and its still loud as hell.

Its about 5 foot off the ground and has a 3/4'' floor in it and you have to be extremely quite in it. Im gonna add another layer of carpet and need to figure out what to do for more insulation on the walls. Spray foam would prolly be best but its in the woods now and I dont feel like hauling it all the way back home
                They have DIY spray foam kits now. They aren't cheap, but for the end result I bet they are worth it. I havn't tried one yet, but I want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

They have DIY spray foam kits now. They aren't cheap, but for the end result I bet they are worth it. I havn't tried one yet, but I want to.
                  Yeah, I looked into them when putting the bathroom in my shop. Seems easy enough but$$

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    I would use U-Panel, spray foam the inside, and paint it flat black.
                    What gauge is that in?

Comment

You can also get "flat sheets" from Mueller. Basically R or U panel before the run them trough the press to add the ridges. I have not tried it yet but want to sheet a blind with them. Elements the need to foam the holes in R panel.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                        You can also get "flat sheets" from Mueller. Basically R or U panel before the run them trough the press to add the ridges. I have not tried it yet but want to sheet a blind with them. Elements the need to foam the holes in R panel.
                        Looks like Conroe and Alvin are two closest stores to Houston area.
                        I wonder if any roadside Carport / metal building place can acquire the flat panels?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post

Looks like Conroe and Alvin are two closest stores to Houston area.
                          I wonder if any roadside Carport / metal building place can acquire the flat panels?
                          Try Metal Depot in Waller, not sure if they have the flat sheets but that's where we get all of our stuff for metal buildings.

Comment

I used something very similar to this on a blind and it was great.

Comment

metal depot in waller will sell it flat. Thats where I got mine and believe it was 10 foot rolls

hilco in navasota will sell it flat as well but was higher than waller when I built last year

Comment

Working...
                              X