Scooter boat trailer build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Good deal. Im curious about them and mildly interested for my jon. I keep eyeballing the on the fly jack plates
    Hoping they work before considering a transom mounted pickup tube drilled into the lower unit. Not something I want to do along with paying the Zepher Cove cost for it.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
      That's a nice looking set up. I could terrorize some reds in that rig. Good job.
      That's the plan! First quick drift produced 4 redfish (only one slot) with 2 more on the second drift. I firmly believe a smaller footprint produces much less pressure that fish can either see or feel compared a 24' boat. The last 13' scooter I had was absolutley a killer drifting for reds.
      Last edited by Notaguide; 01-30-2024, 03:40 PM.

Comment

I don't drift, I use my trolling motor and run grass lines and bayou banks. It's about the only fishing I do anymore. Good luck out there.

Comment

What did it cost you to galvanize dip the trailer?

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
            What did it cost you to galvanize dip the trailer?
            They mentioned usually having a minimum around $250 but charged me around $180 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Notaguide View Post

They mentioned usually having a minimum around $250 but charged me around $180 I believe.
              Nice! Would you mind sharing where you had it done?

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post

Nice! Would you mind sharing where you had it done?
                A new facility in Waco opened recently call Zink Power that I used. Before this I have driven to Midlothian to a large facility with good luck as well.

Comment

Very Nice work There!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X