No announcement yet.

Container Cabin Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! So if you just spray the walls, do you have to put any kind of condensation sheathing?

Comment

I always wondered how you frame a container. Do you just cut the boards tight and wedge them or use sheet metal screws from the outside to secure the walls?

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
        I always wondered how you frame a container. Do you just cut the boards tight and wedge them or use sheet metal screws from the outside to secure the walls?
        screwed to container floor and top plates are tied to opposite topplate via ceiling framing. At least that's how I did mine

Comment

progress is looking good OP!

Comment

I have considered this multiple times. Keep posting and updating. Then after a year, tell us everything you would change so we can start there! i am anxious awaiting more updates!

Comment

Made it back to the lease to finish hooking everything up. Mini split cooled it down great. Plenty of room and rodent proof!

Comment

Lookin good.

Comment

that looks really good- what kind of ventilation do you have in it?

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Very Nice work. Looks great

Comment

Nice work,I'd like to do one on my place,seems secure.Congrats.

Comment

Great looking job! You have gave me all sorts of ideas for a build if I ever purchase a hunting property.
                          Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I used 2x4 on 24" centers to save on studs. I put both 2" closed cell and batt insulation behind paneling R-32
                            In hot of summer cools easily with 1 window ac unit and warms with 1 tower electric heater in winter.
                            Try to put all your door and window cuts on raised seam to caulk easily and prevent leakage.
                            Door on both ends for safety exits and shotgun cooling in spring and cool nights sleeping with doors open.
                            Go 40' high units for the little extra cost. So much nicer than rv.

Comment

Working...
                            X