Container Cabin Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Container Cabin Build

Trying to build a rodent proof cabin. But I sure started at the wrong time of year. Here it goes. 40’ standard container. Adding bathroom, small kitchen, A/C, lights and foam insulation.

Comment

Looks like your off to a good start.

Comment

In for progress pics!

Comment

In to see how it turns out.

Comment

Made a lot of progress. Got the electrical and plumbing mostly done. Installed the windows and doors. And they sprayed the foam in today. We will put the bathroom back together next week and test everything. I bought an Aurus 12k AC that I will install once I get it moved down to the lease. The end is in sight.

Comment

Love these container builds! Nice work....

Comment

nice

Comment

Cool project, thanks for taking us along, good luck.

Comment

That’s a very shallow b-tub, you muss be really skinny
                    awesome project! I’m in

Comment

This sounds like a fun project.

Comment

Getting close. Need a few more pieces of flooring and a little more trim. We are going to box in the sink cabinet with cedar as well.

I tested the water and lights the other day. I could’ve got away with one less led strip. Those things are bright! The insulation sure makes a difference. It’s only 110 instead of 130 when I’m working in it.

Comment

I'm getting ready to do something similar. Mine's only 8' wide and I'm wondering if I should do the walls with 2X2s instead of 2X4s to save space. Also would save on the amount of insulation I'd need.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                            I'm getting ready to do something similar. Mine's only 8' wide and I'm wondering if I should do the walls with 2X2s instead of 2X4s to save space. Also would save on the amount of insulation I'd need.
                            All of the containers are 8' wide, some are taller than others. I used 2x4s to frame the bathroom then just splay foamed the rest with no walls. If you are spraying it then you really do not need walls.

Comment

Originally posted by deep n the heat View Post

All of the containers are 8' wide, some are taller than others. I used 2x4s to frame the bathroom then just splay foamed the rest with no walls. If you are spraying it then you really do not need walls.
                              That’s a great point. Plus is saves space. I’ve heard condensation is a pain on these container builds but i bet the foam fixes that

Comment

Working...
                              X