No announcement yet.

Hog Trap with trampoline frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All great ideas for "recycling" the old tramp. I just could not bring myself to throw any of it away (except for the spring pad, it was trashed).

If you have not looked at one, you might be surprised by how strong that frame is, the pipe is pretty stout and it is galvanized.

Comment

good idea

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac View Post
          For me it seems like it gives the trap alot of support especially down low where the pigs will likely be doing the most damage. It gives you a solid ring all the way around the bottom. You also get 8 uprights (the frame legs) and 4 top bars to tie the cattle panels off to. The legs will also kick the panels in a little so it might make it harder for them to piggyback their way out of the trap.

Plus it gave me an excuse to get that thing out of the back yard.

BTW does anyone have any ideas about what to use the old trampoline fabric jumping surface for? That is some kind of tough. I guess it would make a real good round sunshade or something.

How about all those springs? I think there must be about 80 of them all in perfect condition.

I will add some pictures after this weekend.
          I used an old trampoline for a sun shade over a dog kennel. As for the springs, try selling them on ebay. I know that new ones cost about $8 at Home Depot.

Comment

Took a few pictures of completed hog trap. The drop door frame is a little slanted, but I did not think it was as "un-level" as it looks in the pictures.

Now we just wait to see if the hogs return.
            Attached Files

Comment

In... Want to see the results

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                In... Want to see the results
                x2

Comment

Results?

Well it appears that I inadvertently created a fool-proof mechanical pig deterrent. I started it on about 1/14 and it seems they have not seen a single pig on the place since that date.

So . . . I think I might break it down and move it to more fertile trapping grounds.

Chris

Comment

Results?

Well it appears that I inadvertently created a fool-proof mechanical pig deterrent.
                    Sounds like success to me!

Comment

Working...
                    X