• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
    9 coats of Tru oil then hand rubbed out with rotten stone and oil

That looks sweet right there Blake!!!

Comment

Sorry guys! I took the day off from working on the guns to get a couple things with our remodel lined out and to just take a break.

Will post more pics/details tomorrow.

~Michael

Comment

Whats up with your avtar? You are not some old hillbilly dude? I was hoping to see your still making some shine in your next DIY post.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
          Sorry guys! I took the day off from working on the guns to get a couple things with our remodel lined out and to just take a break.

Will post more pics/details tomorrow.

~Michael
          You don't have to apologize to us. This is moving faster than most DIY threads and your the one puttin the work in for a good cause.

Comment

it is looking real nice.

Comment

You have some serious skills, looking great!

Comment

Whats up with your avtar? You are not some old hillbilly dude? I was hoping to see your still making some shine in your next DIY post.
                At heart brother...

I couldn't do something like that it's illegal...

You don't have to apologize to us. This is moving faster than most DIY threads and your the one puttin the work in for a good cause.

Thanks brother!

Comment

Ok, I went out to the shop a couple minutes ago to start oiling the stock and found a hairline crack. It's going to set the build back a couple days but safety is more important. It is along the upper side to the left of the bolt. I will glue it, clamp it and let it sit a couple days. I have looked it over REAL good 2 more times to make sure that is all the repairs that are needed. I'll post a pic of it in a couple. The pic willl show it more "open" as I did that so I can get the glue it real good.

After it's all dry I'll have to resand and stain but that shouldn't take that long.

The parts came in today for it too. Less the mag so I have to call and find out what the deal is there.

~Michael

Comment

Here it is...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looks good, but how do you get the glue in a crack that small? Just wondering. Thanks.

Comment

Great thread. In line...

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg2002 View Post
                          Looks good, but how do you get the glue in a crack that small? Just wondering. Thanks.
                          I use a hypodermic needle. It's a pain in the rear but it's the only way I know to get good coverage.

Comment

I don't know about everyone else but I can't wait to see this thing when its all pretty and shiny new again.

Comment

Ok, I got with Numrich earlier and they said they will get the missing mag out tomorrow. So, this build will not be 100% complete Sunday. I'm going to get everything I can together this weekend then start on the next one. When the order comes in I'll wrap it up and put it up for auction. As requested, this one will be auctioned off for Macie.

I hope this one goes for more than $150! I've got that in parts/materials alone in it.

Comment

Looks great. Awesome skills.

Comment

Working...
                                X