Custom Rifle 280 Ackley Imp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the response.
    I have a Mossberg rifle for the kids that I have been tinkering on. I bedded the recoil lug area and the rear screw area (just behind the magazine on the mossberg. Not all the way to the rear like the rem 700).
    I bedded the barrel after my post on this thread. Two layers of 10mil tape as a spacer to keep the barrel floated, brief instructions on Midway's Youtube channel.
    I am going to install a Timney trigger after Midway gets them back in stock. The factory trigger sucks but it is an inexpensive gun.

I am also redoing a 1980 model rem 700, too. Have only replaced the beat up wooden stock with a plastic Remington factory stock (Ebay) and bedded the action.
    There is a big space around the barrel, though, but I am considering a Krieger #5 as a replacement for the stock barrel and would bed the barrel after replacement.
    Have to save some cash before that purchase. $295 plus gunsmith fees for chambering and installation.
    It may or may not happen.

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechhunter View Post
        that there is a looker. Nice weapon.
        x2.... Wreck em tech

Comment

nice work

Comment

Nice gun.

I'm toying with the idea of ackley improving my Ruger No.1 in .280. Currently shoots 3/8 MOA. A lil scared to mess with it.

Eternally in His grip

Comment

SaaaaWeeet

Comment

Sweet and it is left handed to boot!! Being a lefty I need to know when you decide to fund the next project I'll be in the front of the line if you decide to sell.

Did you install the barrel or have it install by a gunsmith? I have worked on my own guns for years, bu do not have the lathe to install a barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by traffic View Post
                  Sweet and it is left handed to boot!! Being a lefty I need to know when you decide to fund the next project I'll be in the front of the line if you decide to sell.

Did you install the barrel or have it install by a gunsmith? I have worked on my own guns for years, bu do not have the lathe to install a barrel.
                  Had to have a Smith cut the chamber and do the re-barrel. I dont have a lathe either.

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Very cool!!

Comment

Originally posted by TXBlkCld View Post
                        Nice gun.

I'm toying with the idea of ackley improving my Ruger No.1 in .280. Currently shoots 3/8 MOA. A lil scared to mess with it.

Eternally in His grip
                        DON"T MESS WITH IT!!!!!!! It ain't broke...by far...so don't mess with perfection....you can handload the 280 up to 7 mag range so why strech it and take a chance that it won't be as good as you have now...

Comment

Nice build.

Comment

Working...
                          X