X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice job guys on all of items above

Comment

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
      I guess you could call this redneck but I like to think of it as me helping the enviornment by re using something that would have gone to the landfill

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=158586
      You should post up your mandals!
      Originally posted by Che;)b:Dw View Post
      Using only some scrap material that I had laying around the office, I fabricated this handy spit bottle for sunflower seeds. If you need the plans or materials list, send me a PM. As you can see, I designed it to defy gravity and not slide around in an earthquake or similar disaster.

[ATTACH]279113[/ATTACH]
      Quality work, Bobby. Thanks for sharing....cost?

Comment

Originally posted by glpoe1 View Post
        Built this feeder stand/hanger with 2" square tubing and a cheepo Harbor Freight winch. Works great just have to have something to tie the top off to, like a tree limb, but it doesn't have to be a big tree limb. Had this one inoperation for over two years, no problems. I did not think of this myself but saw a picture one time in a mag. Shamelessly stole idea. The bottom is anchored by two rebar 18" spikes I made. Hand crank is adjustble.
        The ladder stand is built out of 3/4" EMT, welded leggs and steps. Could have probably bought one cheeper but oh well I am proud of it and it fit the tree. It has been up for two years, and yes I check it for rust on the rungs often.
        Nice ladder stand. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          Using only some scrap material that I had laying around the office, I fabricated this handy spit bottle for sunflower seeds. If you need the plans or materials list, send me a PM. As you can see, I designed it to defy gravity and not slide around in an earthquake or similar disaster.

[ATTACH]279113[/ATTACH]
          LMAO!!! Bobby for President!!!

Comment

nice holder.......looks like you did a really good job

Comment

great idea..........leave it up to the granddads for the good homemade stuff that really was "useful" versus just a bunch of marketing hype

Comment

I've been having trouble with the hogs coming really close to the house. I try and stay up late, but they always seem to wait me out no matter how late I stay up. Well, I came up with an idea to alert me when the hogs are coming. It is a wireless PIR motion sensor and a control switch for it. They will only work together. I took an extension cord, cut it 3' from each end and inserted it in a bell box. Then wired the switch accordingly, and programmed the wireless sensor to the switch. I can plug one end into an outlet in the bedroom and the other to a lamp or radio, set the sensor out near the feeder and go to bed. The sensor detects 180 degrees and can cover 1500sqft of minor movement and 3000sqft of major movement, so it will pick up the piggies in plenty of time for me to get ready for ambushing. Once it detects movement, the lamp or radio comes on in the house and I can sneak out and KAP them. Works fantastic and now I don't have to stay up all night or get up frequently to check for pigs. Its expensive, but I am installing thousands of these for work so I get a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by WKH2213 View Post
                  I've been having trouble with the hogs coming really close to the house. I try and stay up late, but they always seem to wait me out no matter how late I stay up. Well, I came up with an idea to alert me when the hogs are coming. It is a wireless PIR motion sensor and a control switch for it. They will only work together. I took an extension cord, cut it 3' from each end and inserted it in a bell box. Then wired the switch accordingly, and programmed the wireless sensor to the switch. I can plug one end into an outlet in the bedroom and the other to a lamp or radio, set the sensor out near the feeder and go to bed. The sensor detects 180 degrees and can cover 1500sqft of minor movement and 3000sqft of major movement, so it will pick up the piggies in plenty of time for me to get ready for ambushing. Once it detects movement, the lamp or radio comes on in the house and I can sneak out and KAP them. Works fantastic and now I don't have to stay up all night or get up frequently to check for pigs. Its expensive, but I am installing thousands of these for work so I get a good deal.
                  That sounds awesome!

Comment

I also have seen the wireless driveway bells that people have used to catch movement at a feeder that was close to there house they work great and are pretty cheap

Comment

Wow, that's a great idea! Have you had much luck killing the piggies?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

[ATTACH]279113[/ATTACH]
                        I have one of those installed in my truck, except its got a wide mouth screw-on top. Best invention of mine to date.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X