Home Made Hunting Gadgets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Made Hunting Gadgets

I know their are some serious Rednecks in this group me included and Im curious what you have made,built,modified or thought of to use for hunting purposes. Lets hear of your ideas to build something, post pics of what you have done or built as to maybe help other members to save a few bucks or build something themselves. Im all about doing anything to save a buck and be original so lets get the party started, nothing to big or to small to be listed I love seeing creative and clever things and the handy work of do it yourselfers

Ill start with what I have handy. TC Stand and an adjustable bow holder
    Attached Files

Does that TC stand have 3 stakes in the ground or just 1?

I need me one of these! (with 3 stakes)

Comment

This one has 1 stake and is made out of 1/2" but I made a few with short stakes on each end as well out of 1/2".
      Attached Files

Comment

Does the camera bracket swivel horizontaly as well as vertically?

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
          Nope You pull it up and turn it But if you must have that option it could be done easy enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
            Why do u asky so many question.

Comment

Originally posted by IDAHO_BOWMEN View Post
              Why do u asky so many question.
              Good question

PM me or text me Tubby if you need any more info.

Comment

According to my wife all I ever make is mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by steve corn View Post
                  According to my wife all I ever make is mistakes.
                  My wife nust be your wife's twin....

Comment

No pics....sorry, but I have built/ repaired ladder stands, an a frame double deer skinning rack, string stopper for my bow(learn from another TBH thread), free choice protein feeder, I have everything to build an alfalfa feeder(elevated 55 gal barrel type),built hog traps, and I don't ever throw away a feeder timer/motor!

Comment

sweet bow holder and more pics?

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous dan View Post
                        sweet bow holder and more pics?
                        Thats the only pic I have handy.

I know their are more goodies out their?? Lets see them.

Comment

I don't have a pic and my redneck contraption is camera related.
                          I don't own a camera tripod, (or a camera deserving of one), so I made a mono-pod for my cheapo digital Kodak. It is simply 2 pieces of 1/4-20 threaded rod with a rod coupling to join them. The rods are each about 12" long. I use the coupling to join them together then screw one end into the tripod reciever in the bottom of the camera. Then just press it into the ground and I'm ready to take LDPs of me and my trophy when I'm hunting alone. Its lightweight and easily fits in my pack.

Comment

This may not be exactly what you were thinking of, but when I read the title this is what it made me think of. My grandpa made/used this back in the day. two rings, shoe string, and some electrical tape; kept his bow from getting away from him. This may have been common practice, I was too young to sit still when he explained it to me but I got it when I inherited his oneida. I'll never use it but will always keep it. Not a bad idea if you think of it. Some one may know more about what was used in the early 90's than I.

Comment

make this skinning contraption thing just couldnt find anything that would work
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X