New Bow Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

I wanted a corner window but I knew if I put a corner window in that I would be jeopordizing the strength of the structue. I cut a piece of 6" X 6" X 1/2" angle and welded it on a 90 degree angle to fit over the window. This should be plenty beefy to continue laying stone up to the top. Didn't get as much done yesterday as I wanted. Installing and fitting stone around windows and doors takes a lot of time. We had fires all around us and I had a dozer digging my tank out so it took a bunch of my time. I'll post more as I progress.
    Attached Files

Comment

looking great!!

Comment

thats pretty sweet!

Go Big or Go Home!

Comment

very nice!

Comment

Lookin great.

Comment

that is ******. whered you learn to lay stone?

i feel like mine would crumble within a year if i tried something like that.

Comment

Oh my all it needs is a fire pit

Comment

Looks great widh i had the knowhow

Comment

Where you at Coop? Give us an update. Can't wait to see a finished product on this one.

Comment

This is going to be the coolest blind ever... You could market that to some of those game ranches for sure...

Comment

right now it looks like something you'd see in an old cowboy vs mexican bandit shoot out...nice stones

Comment

Rock Bowblind Update

I'm trying to get the last course of stone on the walls as level as I can so I can cap it with a 2" X 6" held down with anchor bolts in the top layer. I was going to put a roof on after this level but I'm seriously thinking about building a 4' loft in this thing so I can sleep in it if I want to. What do you guys think? Too much scent if I sleep in it? I'm thinking it will be pretty scent proof with two layers of stone and a steel door with weatherstripping. The 10" X 36" horizontal window goes in next on the south side. I've got to get a couple of more tons of stone before I hit it again. I'm down to little pieces and it makes progress slow.
                          Attached Files

Comment

that is going to be one of the best looking blinds out there

Comment

Should have skipped the loft and put in a basement!

Looking good bud.

Comment

Originally posted by cntryislandboy View Post
                                that is going to be one of the best looking blinds out there
                                ditto

Comment

Working...
                                X