New Bow Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bow Blind

Building a new bow blind at the ranch. Kind of going overboard but I've always wanted to do this and build something permanent at the ranch. I'll post pics as I go.
    Attached Files

I like it!

Comment

Overboard is an understatement!!!

I likey! Looking forward to the build and finished product!

Comment

I have a pile of rocks like those in bak yard .....just sittn there .... Ur welcome to em if ya want its a small pile but never the less its a pile..

Comment

I had a bunch of stone left over from a Pergola project in the back yard so I figured I might as well put them to good use. It will have 6 windows and a door. I'm hoping to get the door put in and maybe one wall complete this weekend. It's slow going. I've had to lay one layer outside and one layer inside and fill the cavity between them with mortar to be able to support a roof. Shooting windows will be 10" X 36" with weatherstrip around the edges. I'm hoping it will be pretty scent prrof until I open a window to shoot.

Comment

Man, that is nicer than my first apartment at Tech. Nice job.

Comment

how big do you plan to make it?

Comment

8' x 8'

I poured an 8' X 8' slab with 12" X 12" footings all the way around on it. The walls will be 7' tall with a gable roof. I think I'm going to do a metal roof on it but not for sure yet. I wanted walls tall enough where I didn't have to duck and always worry about hitting my head on the inside. I know it's overkill but I figured if I was going to do it......I ought to do it like I want it.
                The windows will be 10" X 36" vertical except for a couple of 10" X 14" to help me see out a little better. I was thinking about turning one of the 10" x 36" windows horizontal but I don't know how hard it will be to shoot out of a horizontal window that is only 10" tall. Anyone have any experience doing this?
                The actual window glass will be set back on the inside wall mounted to the wood framing in the picture and not on the outside. From the outside it will look like a hole in the stone. This might cut down on the angles that I can sling an arrow.
                Anyone have any experience shooting out of small openings like this?

Comment

That's awesome its gonna look good

Comment

Overkill indeed. But looks awesome!

Comment

I have no experience, but I do think it would cut down on your angles, especially if you have 6-8 inches of stone/wood to work around, how many windows are you going to put in the "front"? That may help avoid any questionable shots.

The good thing is, you can sleep and snore in there and no one will hear you!!!!!

Comment

Man That Looks Like Its Gonna Be Really Nice!

Comment

windows

I plan on having 2- 10X36" windows on the front side facing the feeder. I haven't decided if I'll put one of them horizontal. I don't know how hard it would be to shoot out of a 10" horizontal window that is recessed back in the stone. I'll have 1- 10" X 36" on each of the other sides and a couple of 10" X 14" windows on two sides for viewing.

Comment

lookin good!

Comment

Looks awesome, waiting for more updates...

Comment

Working...
                              X