Tripod........pod...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
    Dale what were the lengths and what angles (degrees) did you use for the frame?
    Good question that I forgot to ask.

Comment

Sorry I'm behind fellas. I don't really remember how tall that thing is inside, but I'm 6' and I can stand up in it. I have no idea why I made it that tall... I wouldn't if I did it over.

As far as the angles, I don't know that either.....I just kept notching the tubing and bending untill it looked right.

I'd knock a foot off the top, and steepen that angle till it creates enough room in there. I wouldn't do it without off setting the seat either, I find myself trying to lean further back into the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        I find myself trying to lean further back into the corner.
        LOL! So are you trying to say you tend to take naps while in the stand??? LOL!

Comment

man, i like this!!!! glad someone brought it back from the dead

Comment

Got mine all apart and ready to go. Fixing to start gathering the square tubing and lining up my welder buddy to fabricate. Still have to get to the lease and get the halo ring, kicking self again for that bit of forgetfulness.

Comment

That is a SICK build! So awesome!

Comment

Nice mods Dale.

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                Still have to get to the lease and get the halo ring, kicking self again for that bit of forgetfulness.
                As we mature.
                Last edited by Leonhogboy; 05-21-2011, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Nice work, Dale. I hadn't seen this thread until the recent posts revived it.

Comment

In the one picture of the inside of the seat, is that a birds nest in the lower left hand corner of the picture???
                    Attached Files

Comment

Dang..........haven't finished my last project and you've got me already thinking about my next one.

Comment

Wish I was that smart

Comment

Looks awesome man!

Comment

very nice work....may have to try it..

Comment

Had to dig this one back up...

Just picked up mine from the deer lease, gonna steal this idea for the top. I need to reinforce it and weld the legs or something. Just seems to wobbly bolted together. It actually fell over 1yr in high winds and bent the top rail.

Is the added seat bracket opposite from the ladder/side pole ? does it give you that much more room to get in and stuff ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx-Burt View Post
                                Had to dig this one back up...

Just picked up mine from the deer lease, gonna steal this idea for the top. I need to reinforce it and weld the legs or something. Just seems to wobbly bolted together. It actually fell over 1yr in high winds and bent the top rail.

Is the added seat bracket opposite from the ladder/side pole ? does it give you that much more room to get in and stuff ?
                                I'm glad this popped up. My pops shot his 1st ever deer with a bow (after several hundred with a rifle) out of that blind this past year at the tender age of 60! A 10 tiner...and I got to track and gut it for him........It was top 5 hunting times for me.

As far as the blind, the seat bracket moves the seat toward the top of the ladder, and to the left if you were climbing the ladder. I wish it went farther into that corner to help hide in the shadows.

Comment

Working...
                                X