Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great idea!

Comment

One last thing I would do is to add a refrigerator drawer or an old pot to catch the blood. Just to make it easier to keep clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
        great idea.
        except venison doesnt age like beef, it doesnt possess the proper enzymes..
        if you like it, go for it but you're not going to get the required mold...
        it does let the muscles quit being in rigor mortis, however. the secret way to hang them to maximize the stretching out of the large muscle bundles, and thus maximize the tenderness, is to hang them upside down by the h-bone. that is a good idea however, and for the rest of the year it could double as a beergerator.

Comment

Ive been wanting to do that. Just need to find a free or cheap fridge to use 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by jathomas437 View Post
            That is dang cool. For those of you that know better than me, does keeping a quartered up deer on ice for several days achieve the same aging process? What temp does the meat need to be to properly age? I've always kept mine on ice for about four days before I give it to my processor.

It really dont matter if you take it to the processor, you do not get your meat back anyway, you git somebody else's meat that they shot in san angelo and drove back to dallas with it in the hitch hauler gutted and no ice.
            sorry for the rant!

Comment

Gonna start looking for a good used fridge now.

Comment

Originally posted by ground level View Post
                Neat conversion and project! For those who might be thinking that it will work so that you can bone-out your carcass at camp, it won't just to let all know, don't want any of you to think it might and end up with a ticket.

very neat and cool project, though!
                huh?

Comment

Originally posted by jesterdoc View Post
                  huh?

Comment

Originally posted by jesterdoc View Post
                    huh?
                    one may not bone out deer except at final destination. quartering is acceptible for transporting.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTING_COACH View Post
                      I dont get it, oh wait, yes I do, but really, what do you mean by this statement. LOL!

I think he was referring to your statement that deer do not have the enzymes that beef have...then you wind up saying that they do have the same enzymes .

Excellent idea on the cooler!

Comment

Neat idea fro the cooler, but where do you keep the beer?

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
                          Neat idea fro the cooler, but where do you keep the beer?
                          hang it in the corner in its own bag.

Comment

Can you post up some instructions for those of us who are ideally challenged. I can listen to and follow directions quite well. Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tack21 View Post
                              Very cool! So... what is the proper temperature to age the meat at and for how long?
                              less than 40 degrees and 10 days @ less than 30 percent humidity

Comment

cool

Comment

Working...
                                X