No announcement yet.

Jeep J-10 Truck Project (lot of pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Them AMC's are under-rated in my opinion........and that one is beutimus!

Well played, sir!

Comment

Originally posted by mnsherick View Post
      Thanks for the feedback, I'm really looking to finish the build as a weekend driver/ duck truck (pull the duck boat to the lake). Not really looking to off-road a lot in it. I would love to go EFI, but I'm so far out on my budget already it's rediculous.

A few years down the road I might upgrade to aluminum port/polished heads and go EFI assuming I've got some other things finished on it.

At this point I need some help setting up the carb for the first start. (I understand you don't want to over crank a new cam/lifters) So any suggestions on getting it to fire up first try? I really don't have any patience for carbs either...

-Matt
      "Proper Engine Break-In"

There could be college courses on this, it's a more heated topic than religion or politics. My advice to you, is to talk in depth with your engine builder, and follow his advice to the letter. He built it, and he knows best.

As for EFI vs Carb - you can go to EFI for just a few bucks more (hey, it's all relative) than a carb. It's not nearly as cost prohibitive or scary as it used to be. With the Howell kit, it's nearly plug-n-play.

No more pulling a choke cable on cold mornings, or praying it doesn't stall on the boat ramp, or worry about it running funny if you decide to drive it up to Colorado and hit some scenic trails; just turn the key and smile.

I've got a buddy that's building up a 401 similar to your 360 for his J-20. I think I've finally gotten him talked into doing the Howell kit in his.

Comment

Lookin good !!!

Comment

Looking good!!!

Comment

Any progress its almost been a year? Is she on the road ready to haul the duck boat?

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
              Any progress its almost been a year? Is she on the road ready to haul the duck boat?
              Man not much progress at least nothing worth posting...

I did get it "moved" over to my shop and last week I worked on getting the components sorted out.

I'm at somewhat of a dilemma because I want to finish this project "first class" so I'm considering tearing it down to the chassis and getting it sand blasted and coated or galv.

Not sure what I should do first, and I really need to make time to work on it. But I'm currently working on my bow stands for deer season.

-Matt

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using tapatalk.

Comment

Mad skills right there ,

Comment

I LOVE A FRESH BUILD. Its like the center fold of a playboy.

Comment

This is awesome, restoring American metal. Gotta love it!

Comment

Just cool

Comment

Working...
                      X