X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

camper

good luck

Comment

picked up the tin today, maybe next week before I do much more on it though...going to the lease this weekend...

Comment

Awsome thread and great job Bowtech ! Cant wait to see future progress pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech32 View Post
          picked up the tin today, maybe next week before I do much more on it though...going to the lease this weekend...
          Looks fun, wear did you get the tin, your going too be a seasoned vet on rebuilds before it over, good luck.............

Comment

Originally posted by Tick View Post
            Looks fun, wear did you get the tin, your going too be a seasoned vet on rebuilds before it over, good luck.............
            Most metal building places has it, I got the mini rib. Which has 5/8" ribs...

Comment

I'm jealous of your skills. I get excited when I change out an exterior light bulb on my camper.

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

were there bolts that hold the camper on the frame that you just removed and then knocked the camper off of the frame? OR did you have to work your rear off tearing the camper off of the frame?

Comment

If those are pine 2x4s used, you may consider putting a coating of Green Cuprinol or some anti-bug coating (I assume there are marine coatings for wooden boats) on it and letting it dry real well before putting the inside and outsides on. I've not built one, but it could help in preventing rot in the wood inside the walls in the future.

Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                    were there bolts that hold the camper on the frame that you just removed and then knocked the camper off of the frame? OR did you have to work your rear off tearing the camper off of the frame?
                    I have deck screw in the floor right now, But before the walls go up I am putting 8 bolt around the sides...

Comment

nice job

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech32 View Post
                        I have deck screw in the floor right now, But before the walls go up I am putting 8 bolt around the sides...
                        I am not talking about right now, I am asking what was entailed in taking the body of the camper from the frame when you started the project? I have a camper that is free if I come pick it up, Just wondering how big of a pain tearing it apart and getting the body off the frame would be

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                          I am not talking about right now, I am asking what was entailed in taking the body of the camper from the frame when you started the project? I have a camper that is free if I come pick it up, Just wondering how big of a pain tearing it apart and getting the body off the frame would be
                          took me about 2 hours, I did it the easy way though. I used a tractor with a FEL and crushed it. Used 4" angle grinder to cut off the bolt and removed the floor. I think it had about 12 bolts holding it on the trailer.

Hope that helps....

BTW got some more material today, insolation and paneling. Cost me about $250 more. I think I am going to put the paneling in first then insolate and last put the skin on.

Comment

Great job so far. Keep the updates and pictures coming.

Comment

Got the wiring just about done and the paneling on the inside walls are done. BTW I hate paneling, doesn't look like I had in mine but it will work. I will try to post some more pics tomorrow. I still like a lot to do and I will not have it complete this year, but it will be campable.

Comment

Looking good man! Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                                X