What's going on with eggs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's going on with eggs?

My chickens seem to be paying off now. Why are egg prices going so freaking high?

Same reason toilet paper is $16 a pack and hamburger is $5 a pound.

Comment

I’ve been raising chickens for eggs the last 20 years. How much do store bought eggs cost?

I sell mine to neighbors for $2.00 a dozen.

Last edited by AntlerCollector; 01-11-2023, 04:25 PM.

Comment

This is what the "experts" are saying:

Since early this year, a deadly avian flu has been reducing poultry flocks — specifically turkeys and egg-laying hens. That’s one reason for the unrelenting increase in prices. But the situation has been exacerbated by elevated feed and energy costs for producers, in addition to high demand in the supermarket.

Comment

My wife was getting free eggs from a friend at work for years. She switched jobs at the first of the year and I went to the store to get some and ****!!! Higher than a giraffes arse. I know everything else is up too but eggs seem to be at least double now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good! Now i just hope cattle prices go up like the forecasts are saying. Something has to give. Input costs have gone out of sight.

Comment

Half of my business is eggs and is causing my restaurant to look hard at how we operate and possible changes! All my suppliers say the same thing bird flu and too many dying off without having enough ready to start laying! Was also told to prepare for the possibility of zero eggs available in the next 9 months or so!

Comment

I have large quail eggs for sale. $50 a dozen. Don't complain. I know what I got.

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
                  Half of my business is eggs and is causing my restaurant to look hard at how we operate and possible changes! All my suppliers say the same thing bird flu and too many dying off without having enough ready to start laying! Was also told to prepare for the possibility of zero eggs available in the next 9 months or so!

Zero eggs ? How am I gonna keep my cholesterol numbers up ?

DAMMITBOY !

Comment

18 eggs at our local grocery are $10 now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bugleboy View Post
                      18 eggs at our local grocery are $10 now!!!

Daaaaaaang! I had no idea it was that expensive now. Can’t remember the last time I bought any from a store.

I may have to fortify my chicken coop to keep people out.

Comment

May have to decorate potatoes for Easter if they keep going up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          I have large quail eggs for sale. $50 a dozen. Don't complain. I know what I got.
                          If only you were closer

Comment

Originally posted by C.Read View Post
                            This is what the "experts" are saying:
                            Yep, avian flu has been a issue globally. Energy prices, feed prices has exacerbated the issue. We have been fighting poultry prices for years at this point and had to adjust pricing.......just part of the cycle as demand has not been significantly impacted at all.

Comment

Might have to stop feeding the dogs an egg right from the coop now

Comment

Working...
                              X