No announcement yet.

Federal Government Doesn’t Care about your School children’s safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does the gov need more enforcement agents?

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
      Guess I'll step on some toes here, but I think it's up to individual states to protect school kids. More so each school district.. I would gladly pay more property taxes to keep my Grandkids safe at school. JMO!

This…I’d cut ever superintendent and assistant superintendents salary in half and hire protection. We pay them wayyyy to much and I know for a fact their assistants do most of the work!

Comment

Why on earth would they want to secure the schools? School shooting are a democrats best friend.

Comment

Guess I'll step on some toes here, but I think it's up to individual states to protect school kids. More so each school district.. I would gladly pay more property taxes to keep my Grandkids safe at school. JMO!
          Agreed. Nothing better the local control over school districts. If you don't like how they are running things you can vote them out.

Comment

I don’t disagree, but that’s not the point. Put your $ where your mouth is, that’s the point. Don’t parade about preaching about how our kids should be safe at school and then go and spend 80 Billion on the IRS

Comment

I haven't read the bill but I'm guessing there was not one dime allocated for schools anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                . If you don't like how they are running things you can vote them out.
                That used to be true. Not anymore. They now have the election cheating down to a science.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  And I am about to prove it by contrasting their recent spending Bill.

In recently implemented Inflation Reduction Act (which will likely spur more inflation not reduce it… but I digress)… Congress approved $80,000,000,000 for the IRS. That’s 80 Billion… with a B. Of that $80B, more than half, an estimated $46,000,000,000, 46 Billion is tagged for hiring more enforcement agents. I couldn’t even use my iPhone’s calculator for this bc it won’t handle numbers in the billions.

That works out to an average of $528,735.63 per new agent (46B /87,000).
                  A half Mill per agent. Certainly that won’t be their salary, most of that gets siphoned off the top, filtered through the administrative pockets and forms government slush funds.

But if our federal government actually cared about our school children they would have spent $46B on security and personnel. Because clearly we have $46B to spend on new gov employees.

Let’s see what that would look like. The national average salary for an officer is $60,000. $46B would hire 766,666 school resource officers. (46B / $60,000). Count varies from year to year, but there are roughly 100,000 public elementary and secondary schools in the US. That works out to nearly 8 resource officers per school building (not per district). And oh yeah, there’s still another $34,000,000,000 for training and infrastructure left if all of the IRS new budget was allocated to school security.

The next time a politician cries about we must keep our kids safe, ask them why they spent Billions on tax enforcement rather than school security.
                  here is a hint, when a liberal says "it's for the children"

it's never for the children

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                    And I am about to prove it by contrasting their recent spending Bill.

In recently implemented Inflation Reduction Act (which will likely spur more inflation not reduce it… but I digress)… Congress approved $80,000,000,000 for the IRS. That’s 80 Billion… with a B. Of that $80B, more than half, an estimated $46,000,000,000, 46 Billion is tagged for hiring more enforcement agents. I couldn’t even use my iPhone’s calculator for this bc it won’t handle numbers in the billions.

That works out to an average of $528,735.63 per new agent (46B /87,000).
                    A half Mill per agent. Certainly that won’t be their salary, most of that gets siphoned off the top, filtered through the administrative pockets and forms government slush funds.

But if our federal government actually cared about our school children they would have spent $46B on security and personnel. Because clearly we have $46B to spend on new gov employees.

Let’s see what that would look like. The national average salary for an officer is $60,000. $46B would hire 766,666 school resource officers. (46B / $60,000). Count varies from year to year, but there are roughly 100,000 public elementary and secondary schools in the US. That works out to nearly 8 resource officers per school building (not per district). And oh yeah, there’s still another $34,000,000,000 for training and infrastructure left if all of the IRS new budget was allocated to school security.

The next time a politician cries about we must keep our kids safe, ask them why they spent Billions on tax enforcement rather than school security.
                    Not that I don't support the premise of your argument and maybe my math is a little shady but that $46 billion for the 8 resource officers per school would only be good for one year. $46B every year in perpetuity.. seems like there's better options, state or district specific options.

Comment

Working...
                    X