No announcement yet.

A comparison of the beginning of the Great Depression and now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sri Lanka is one of the many warning signs.
    The numerous lakes drying up is another. (there are lots more than lake mead) But for easy evidence watch some of the current lake mead you tube videos.
    The current war in Ukraine and what were the consequences of the last time Russia took over Ukraine.
    We are currently in a period of solar maximum

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamieca...h=50f324c5261a

This will make farming fun.

So yes - the depression is happening. It is here now. Prepare to take care of you, your friends and family as best as you can.

And always pray.

Comment

I'm not saying things are good but things are far different now versus 1929.

Rich people and the stock market will win.

Now if "they" are trying to bring the USA down that's a different story.

Lots of interesting things will happen over the next 1-28 months that's for sure. And anyone not prepared for the worst is 100% their own fault at this point. I'm tired of pounding the table telling people about risk/reward.

Comment

People seem to think that history can’t repeat itself. A depression won’t happen
        A great impact from space won’t happen, Yellowstone super volcano won’t explode. These things have happened but we have had it so dang good for so long it seems impossible world wide events could happen. Well, they will and the depression is coming. That’s why I buy food for my family

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
          Biggest issue IMHO is that we have gotten fat and lazy as a society. You don’t see teenagers working, for example mowing lawns. This is what I observe anyways, it seems too many folks don’t want little Johny to have to work hard for anything.
          Lots of truth here. When my older stepsons wanted to mow yards , most of the neighbors were already using lawn services or did it themselves. I tell people that we live in a wierd society where people will pay $$ to go to a gym for exercise, and then pay someone to mow their yard.

Also, many of the people I knew growing up who were bricklayers, framers, roofers, etc, now have crews of green card workers or illegals doing the work.

Comment

The true inflation rate is way more than 8%. Feds lie about this or use Al Gore math. I'm seeing across the board inflation at about 35% and the way I can calculate that is easy. I'm on fixed income. I have 2 pensions and an IRA. I know historically how much it cost me to live each month since Biden took over and exactly how much I have left over for saving or buying toys. If I drove a lot of miles such as commuting to work my personal inflation rate would be closer to 60% given the cost of fuel. I sure miss Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wheels View Post
              Sri Lanka is one of the many warning signs.
              The numerous lakes drying up is another. (there are lots more than lake mead) But for easy evidence watch some of the current lake mead you tube videos.
              The current war in Ukraine and what were the consequences of the last time Russia took over Ukraine.
              We are currently in a period of solar maximum

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamieca...h=50f324c5261a

This will make farming fun.

So yes - the depression is happening. It is here now. Prepare to take care of you, your friends and family as best as you can.

And always pray.
              Actually we are in a solar minimum since 2019 and should have about 2 decades of cooling. Solar max ended in 2014 or 2015

Comment

I stole a chart from [URL="https://www.cbpp.org/income-concentration-at-the-top-has-risenhttps://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1093340&stc=1&d=165637 2153-sharply-since-the-1970s-4"] here.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                  I’m always prepared to take care of myself.
                  Not doing the “sky is falling” thing. If that’s what you need to motivate you to be prepared, you do you.
                  I’m interested, only mildly, in the social psychology of the doomsday thing. I think it plays on the same evolved tendency toward vigilance and fear that marketers and the media play on.
                  How are you preparing to take care of yourself?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                    How are you preparing to take care of yourself?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
                    Likely stocked up on facial moisturizer and renewed his subscrption to "Mens Health."

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      I'm not saying things are good but things are far different now versus 1929.

Rich people and the stock market will win.

Now if "they" are trying to bring the USA down that's a different story.

Lots of interesting things will happen over the next 1-28 months that's for sure. And anyone not prepared for the worst is 100% their own fault at this point. I'm tired of pounding the table telling people about risk/reward.
                      I tend to agree, Rich people in the west saw the vulnerability of our supply chains and dealing with China and Russia. The left wing types literally want to destroy demand to reduce emissions, throw the world into forced reduction of energy. Working class people will not have that, around the world they will demand increasing energy production of all kinds. Countries will start rolling back emissions reduction timelines and increase fossil fuel production to increase supply. Energy is power and every country will make energy independence a priority. I have a feeling we will have a U turn on this environmental mess and have an economic boom not seen since Reagan no matter who is in charge. The fed is trying to run off all the money it printed and get cash reserves more manageable then do a reversal. This time we are living in seems like it’s rhyming with Carter in the 70’s not the Great Depression.

Now if WWIII breaks out all bets are off and bad bad times will ensue. We need new leadership because the way we are handling Russia/Ukraine is embarrassing.

Comment

IMO - And yes this is a huge tin foil hat wearing guess, they are keeping WW3 in their back pocket for if/when they can't control inflation.

We have all been talking for years about how the FED is out of ammo and there will be a time to "pay the piper". If things spiral out of control it will happen a crap ton faster than most think (big IF) The only way out without the public flat out blaming politicians would be a huge war.

Will not be coincidence.

I think it's 60-80% chance they raise rates one more time and then stay steady. Once inflation peaks it may take years to come down but can avoid a depression maybe. It will just set back the savers many many many years.

Comment

Working...
                        X