No announcement yet.

Chief Arrendondo Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The door wasn't locked the entire time...teacher had put in two requests to get it fixed as it couldn't be secured. He lied about not being able to find / trying the keys / having the proper tools & why he's gone silent & not cooperating.

Complete & total incompetence...on scene & reaction could have happened 3 minutes after it started. This Will end up being a bigger LE fiasco failure than Parkland.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
      So i guess we just gave up asking why there was an open door that allowed the scum into the school originally?
      I have not given up as it’s a very important event that could have saved many lives. I am still not sure what the situation was with the building entrance door. First story was that it was left open and later that it was closed but the auto lock did not work. Not sure what actually happened.

Class room doors could and should have been locked. Not sure how the lock down alarm within the school on an active shooter situation would be put out and how long it took to go out. With the teacher that witnessed the shooter outside the school surely the active shooter alarm should have been set of quickly. Not sure if the previously reported 48 school lock downs year to date played a roll in the delay of locking classroom doors.

As far as the the actions by LEOs in the hall, IMHO they were atrocious! As a retired BP agent I try not to make comments second guessing other LEOs but this is sad and infuriating

I had very little training on active shooter as an agent and believe as most folks looking at it from the out side that at minimum I would have died trying to kill the POS. At least that’s how we trained and how I hope I would respond.

More importantly IMHO is that folks not allow this tragedy to pass by without asking , inquiring and challenging your local schools as to their building/class room security and LEO response plans. IMHO there is no excuse for not having at least one well trained and properly armed security officer at each school.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        When the "Master key" came up in another thread I reached our to two people at two different large ISDs. One is a resource officer, the other is fairly high in the food chain for the ISD itself

Resource guy has mag card to external doors. No master key exists in his school and he's not aware of one for others

The other is frequently asked by the PD if he has a key to get in once the schools are locked. He probably has 8lbs of keys to the different schools

That said, you'd think a smaller ISD could accomplish this easier. But the state wide master key theory is a myth at this point IMO

It's a good idea that should be looked at and for sure implemented within the jurisdiction of ISD offices

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
        No offense to either of the folks you asked but those answers are ridiculous. I have had master keys to multiple buildings in one of the largest school districts in the DFW area and seen the district people with the true master key that opens every door. 100+ buildings in the district. A few of the buildings had an interior and exterior master but there were still masters and could get you in every single door, even if it took 2 keys.

There is also a Knox Box on the outside of every single school I have ever stepped foot in (been in a bunch) and quite a few businesses you go to. Inside the box you will find keys so the fire department can get in. They sure want the fire department in there so I can assure you the keys exist.

CHOOSING to only give the SRO a key card and not physical keys to the building in a problem. The SRO is then dependent on finding a school administrator with a master key in the event on an emergency.

Very basic stuff that saves lives, yet countless school administrators choose to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
          No offense to either of the folks you asked but those answers are ridiculous. I have had master keys to multiple buildings in one of the largest school districts in the DFW area and seen the district people with the true master key that opens every door. 100+ buildings in the district. A few of the buildings had an interior and exterior master but there were still masters and could get you in every single door, even if it took 2 keys.

There is also a Knox Box on the outside of every single school I have ever stepped foot in (been in a bunch) and quite a few businesses you go to. Inside the box you will find keys so the fire department can get in. They sure want the fire department in there so I can assure you the keys exist.

CHOOSING to only give the SRO a key card and not physical keys to the building in a problem. The SRO is then dependent on finding a school administrator with a master key in the event on an emergency.

Very basic stuff that saves lives, yet countless school administrators choose to ignore it.
          Your first sentence says it's ridiculous

Your last one says countless administrative people don't do it.

That means it's not so ridiculous??

Comment

Chief Arrendondo Interview

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Your first sentence says it's ridiculous

Your last one says countless administrative people don't do it.

That means it's not so ridiculous??

You totally missed the point.
            Last edited by TexasCanesFan; 06-21-2022, 06:17 PM.

Comment

IF what is being reported is true, and I’m emphasizing IF, there’s one word to describe the officers…. COWARDS!

Comment

You totally missed the point.
                That makes 2 of us

Comment

Watching the Texas Senate Hearing on this today one of the witnesses testified there were no Knox boxes. That was one of the many recommendations he made. After watching today I still agree the response was wrong but it’s not as cut and dry as you seem to think.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    The door wasn't locked the entire time...teacher had put in two requests to get it fixed as it couldn't be secured. He lied about not being able to find / trying the keys / having the proper tools & why he's gone silent & not cooperating.

Complete & total incompetence...on scene & reaction could have happened 3 minutes after it started. This Will end up being a bigger LE fiasco failure than Parkland.
                    X2
                    I watched the hearing & DPS Director’s questions & responses
                    As many as 9 officers were present in the hall within 3 minutes after shooter entry
                    No one advanced based on the chief stating the shooter was barricaded in an office first (layout of school made no mention of an office in that vicinity)
                    Then they needed keys to a door that not only was not physically checked if it was locked but was not lockable due to malfunction
                    How do you know you even need a key to a door you haven’t even tried to open yet???

Total incompetence based on that hearing & DPS Directors response & comments

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

If that's true, I hope he sucks on the end of a G17.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        If that's true, I hope he sucks on the end of a G17.

I agree and I would imagine that if I had family involved I might just help him get it in his mouth.

My current thought is that Him living with the truth will be far more painful than him sucking on a G17.

Comment

Has the chief put a gun in his mouth and pulled trigger yet? Asking for a friend.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by shiner78 View Post
                            Has the chief put a gun in his mouth and pulled trigger yet? Asking for a friend.

I’m surprised he hasn’t, he probably does not care enough to have it eat him up everyday… I couldn’t live with it.

Comment

Cowards do not commit suicide.

Comment

How about the rest of the cops standing there with body armor, shields and ARs? Any of them man enough to admit their short comings.

I’m not excusing the sack of garbage Arrendondo either. But he ain’t the only coward and/or idiot involved here.

Comment

Working...
                                X