Active shooter in Uvalde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
    Hard isn’t even the right adjective. If any law enforcement personnel actually waited outside while he was killing kids they should face the same punishment as a deserting or treasonous military member at the very least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the opposite is true. Supreme court has ruled twice now that Police Officers have no obligation to protect the public. See Castle Rock vs Gonzales and Deshaney v. Winnebago County. Both horrible situations that law enforcement made a "business decision" not to interfere with. This is not a new problem. Excerpts below.

In 2005, Jessica Gonzales sued Castle Rock, Colorado police for failing to arrest her husband, who had violated a protective order, resulting in the murder of her three children. Her case went to the U.S. Supreme Court in The Town of Castle Rock v. Gonzales, where she lost because even though the order required arresting her husband upon violation, then-Justice Antonin Scalia successfully argued that “a well-established tradition of police discretion has long coexisted with apparently mandatory arrest statutes.”

This case builds upon Supreme Court precedent in Deshaney v. Winnebago County Department of Social Services (1989). In that case, a young boy was repeatedly abused at the hands of his father, something that county Social Services was aware of, but made no effort to remove the child. His mother sued once the four-year old entered a vegetative state, and the Court ruled that that the state did not have a special obligation to protect a citizen against harms it did not create.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce16 View Post
      That is what I'm saying, there is some reform that can happen to make things safer. I am not saying take guns away, as they will never get mine... Oh yah, they sunk in a tragic boating accident.
      But things have changed since 1791 and feel as laws need to help citizens and law enforcement, not make it more difficult.

What has changed other than society and possibly not for the better?

When/why did guns become viewed as evil items that should be regulated and hidden from public view?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        I kinda gotta agree with you.

We are our own worst enemy

How are we our own worst enemy

It’s pretty clear that our worst enemy is the crazy guy shooting up elementary schools but let’s completely overlook that little detail

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
          See more BS, he didnt have an automatic weapon

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Good to see I wasn’t the only one that noticed that.

Comment

Just read where a husband of one of the teachers killed died of an apparent heart attack. Poor kids lost both of their parents.

Comment

Just watched the news brief by DPS, there was no school resource officer present and "it appears" the entry door was unlocked.

Sad day, prayers for Uvalde!

Comment

To me it’s as simple as time is proving the God fearing whip your a#% generation has done a lot better than the anti-God time out generation.

Comment

Cops Waiting 40-60 minutes as parents begged

The news feed is uvalde PD stood out for 40+ minutes as parents begged for action, and finally the US border patrol sent in their own team!
                  It’s the news so take it with a grain of salt

Police face questions over response to Uvalde elementary school shooting
                  Texas authorities say the gunman who massacred 21 people at an elementary school was in the building for over an hour before he was killed by law enforcement officers.

I wonder about some policy’s police departments have
                  When I was in university, a buddy of mine saw his neighbor house on fire and the police where standing in the yard waiting on the fire department, he ran up and kick in the glass door and drug out the neighbor who was laying on the floor
                  She died of smoke inhalation, and might have lived if the kerrviile PD had acted ?
                  I guess everything can be second guessed after a fact
                  Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-26-2022, 01:09 PM.

Comment

What I gathered from the news conf, officers were in the school from the beginning. What probably needed to be said- too many officers inside would have been a detriment and dangerous to all.

Plus someone needed to provide crowd control outside- can you imagine the CF if parents and general public also tried to enter the school?

And no- I'm not LE.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                      How are we our own worst enemy

It’s pretty clear that our worst enemy is the crazy guy shooting up elementary schools but let’s completely overlook that little detail

You'll see

TT hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                        What I gathered from the news conf, officers were in the school from the beginning. What probably needed to be said- too many officers inside would have been a detriment and dangerous to all.

Plus someone needed to provide crowd control outside- can you imagine the CF if parents and general public also tried to enter the school?

And no- I'm not LE.
                        This is what I have been saying and expecting to come out. No way that ALL of the officers were standing up here with the parents....had to be others on the scene. Still some questions to the timeline of LEO's entering the building and engage the shooter, but surely this is part of the explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                          Just watched the news brief by DPS, there was no school resource officer present and "it appears" the entry door was unlocked.

Sad day, prayers for Uvalde!
                          Yup....completely un-acceptable

There's a good chance most of the murders happened before leo made it on site.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                            Since we are saying to hell with public safety, and we are all so pro 2A, lets just lower the age limit to buy any firearm to the age of 12!!
                            Who else is in??

Hell most of the pro 2A folks are just gun collectors anyway and will turn them over in a heartbeat when the **** hits the fan and the "squeeze" is applied.. At that point none of this means a thing.. All for nothing... All lip service.

But some won't!!!!
                            Now you sound like Beto.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
                              To me it’s as simple as time is proving the God fearing whip your a#% generation has done a lot better than the anti-God time out generation.
                              After reading all the updates and back-and-forths between members, this ^^^ is the most logical explanation.

Signed - a member of the God fearing, got my arse whooped generation

Comment

Just saw some videos. Unbelievable

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X