Active shooter in Uvalde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 88 bound View Post
    read the same thing. Seeing how he left his truck it makes sense.
    [ATTACH]1090578[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
      Arming up schools or banning guns are bandaids. This is a societal problem and is a symptom and a failing society. A-holes in DC or your local school board can’t fix this.
      I agree 100%. Our kids are really messed up for a whole variety of reasons. A great many of them are very damaged and hurting.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
        Here is the shooter. Of course the left is blaming far right wing and gun control instead of mental illness.
        Not him.

"Ramos appears to have entered the elementary school as police officers surrounded the school as was captured in a chilling video"...

Comment

Fox is reporting a BORTAC agent killed the shooter. Imagine that.
          Last edited by andre3k; 05-24-2022, 07:08 PM.

Comment

It’s still possible, last sentence says it almost certain it’s fake. That don’t hold water until prover for sure it’s fake . They can’t be hurting the Lbgqlmnop agenda

Comment

Active shooter in Uvalde

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
              Off base? Explain.
              Do you and your background represent the majority of teachers in Texas?

No.

Dont get offended. It wasn’t meant that way. I literally became a teacher because of school shootings. Specifically Parkland and Santa Fe.

Outstide of 4 years of Accounting I have an extensive career in LE/Military/Security. 4 different positions directly with the Federal govt and multiple in private key resource and critical infrastructure with a force of almost 400 individuals armed and un armed and security budgets in the tens of millions annually. I have also been an active shooter scenario trainer with DHS, federal not local.

We are talking about SRT/SWAT training here. Most LE isn’t even trained to deal with the complex issues at hand of an active shooter/hostage scenario around hundreds to thousands of school children. Even the cops in the schools aren’t adequately trained or armed to deal with it. Physical security is key here and it seems this school failed. Probably due to population density and economic factors. You aren’t going to train, keep up with required continued training, and get multiple weekly range time to 24 and 60 year old women because thats what teachers are for the most part.

I have spent the last 3 years studying the situation carefully. I dont have time to write all the physical infrastructure security requirements needed to keep kids away from gunfire but trust me, arming teachers and getting them the required training is impossible. A good lockdown procedure along with the right physical security barriers at each classroom door is paramount.

Please dont take offense I did not mean any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Ætheling; 05-24-2022, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                Here is the shooter. Of course the left is blaming far right wing and gun control instead of mental illness.
                Who TF lets their kid do **** like that?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                  Dont get offended. It wasn’t meant that way. I literally became a teacher because of school shootings. Specifically Parkland and Santa Fe.

Outstide of 4 years of Accounting I have an extensive career in LE/Military/Security. 4 different positions directly with the Federal govt and multiple in private key resource and critical infrastructure with a force of almost 400 individuals armed and un armed. I have also been an active shooter scenario trainer with DHS, federal not local.

We are talking about SRT/SWAT training here. Most LE isn’t even trained to deal with the complex issues at hand of an active shooter/hostage scenario around hundreds to thousands of school children. Even the cops in the schools aren’t adequately trained or armed to deal with it. Physical security is key here and it seems this school failed. Probably due to population density and economic factors. You aren’t going to train, keep up with required continued training, and get multiple weekly range time to 24 and 60 year old women because thats what teachers are for the most part.

I literally became a teacher over this. I have spent the last 3 years studying the situation carefully. I dont have time to write all the physical infrastructure security requirements needed to keep kids away from gunfire but trust me, arming teachers and getting them the required training is impossible. A good lockdown procedure along with the right physical security barriers at each classroom door is paramount.

Thank you for what you do and your indepth knowledge!

Comment

People focus extensively on the school part. What happens when a shooter steps onto a bus full of students that become trapped inside with no where to go? That has been my biggest worry for years.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
                      Who TF lets their kid do **** like that?!?!

Sad thing , a hell of a lot . Probably why he killed his grandmother first .

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post

Outstide of 4 years of Accounting I have an extensive career in LE/Military/Security. 4 different positions directly with the Federal govt and multiple in private key resource and critical infrastructure with a force of almost 400 individuals armed and un armed and security budgets in the tens of millions annually. I have also been an active shooter scenario trainer with DHS, federal not local.

I literally became a teacher over this. I have spent the last 3 years studying the situation carefully. I dont have time to write all the physical infrastructure security requirements needed to keep kids away from gunfire but trust me, arming teachers and getting them the required training is impossible. A good lockdown procedure along with the right physical security barriers at each classroom door is paramount.

Only thing with lock downs , if the kid goes to the school he knows exactly what the kids are going to do .

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                          I agree 100%. Our kids are really messed up for a whole variety of reasons. A great many of them are very damaged and hurting.
                          Yes. We have been failing the children of this country for a while now

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
                            I think districts need to prep teachers and staff on dealing with an active shooter. IMO lockdowns and hiding isn't a plan.

If staff fought back you wouldn't have as many victims. You don't necessarily have to be armed, but you have to be mentally prepped to fight back and I guess this is where the priority of life scale comes into play.

I tell my officers sometimes that them making it home at the end of the shift isn't their first priority. Sometimes the life of a stranger needs to come before yours. A lot of officers totally disagree with that.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk
                            When I was a Houston fireman we were taught that we should always make sure we were safe first. That always seemed like such a contradiction to the very nature of the job itself to me.

Prayers sent^ for the families affected in this.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                              It was nothing to see shotguns and rifles in unlocked trucks Worth windows down at our high school in the late 1970’s. Funny that we never had a shooting.

Also in the 80’s. All these shootings started when they took corporal punishment out of schools, stopped failing kids when they didn’t pass their grade, started letting parents sue school administrators and teachers, and the Texas legislature passing assault laws when two people can’t duke it out without going to jail. Kids have absolutely no coping skills, because a lot of parents won’t allow their kids to cope with kid or teenager drama. It’s absolutely unbelievable how our society has changed because of laws that have been passed that have taken discipline out of schools. My wife is a third grade teacher, and it is unbelievable how parents treat their kids and make all kinds of excuses for their kids, when their kids misbehave or doesn’t do their homework. And actually complains about their poor kids are getting to much homework. But those same parents has their kids at ball games four or five nights a week till late. Unbelievable.

Comment

Active shooter in Uvalde

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                                Thank you for what you do and your indepth knowledge!
                                ^^This

Comment

Working...
                                X