Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
    Sotomayor is a freekin idiot.
    Yes she is. She made comments during the arguments about not wanting this to become political. Has she ever read any of her own opinions?

Comment

When she stated there has been no new medical advancements in the pediatric field in the last 50 years I about threw up. She is just plain stupid if she believes that.

Comment

Originally posted by Let's go Brandon! View Post
        That's the way I've always looked at it. I mean if these people are SOOOO for their "reproductive rights" then instead of 1,4, or more abortions, why don't they instead opt for a one shot tubal ligation (reversible later in life if they sign away any abortion procedures.)

Many of these bat**** crazy bitches have had their minds so warped by the likes of planned parenthood they literally can't wait to kill a baby.
        Because due to the money under the table (government funding Planned Parenthood) abortions are cheaper. But, get enough of them and women tear up their system so bad they won't get pregnant. Sometimes, it only takes once.

I was very encouraged to see the number of young people supporting life with "I am the pro life generation."

Comment

There is a concept I have bounced back and forth with, and haven't figured out the best way to present it yet, and it's the idea that for a mom, or dad and mom, think an abortion is EVER an acceptable end to a pregnancy (With a few exceptions), they have to be in a real bad state of mind.

Those people that come to that conclusion need mental help. They are mentally ill. It's not a knock on them, it's the fact of the matter. They need a therapist. They don't need a law telling them what to do one way or another. We can't legislate morality.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
            I dont need my Justices to side conservative or liberal. I need them to base their decision on the Constitution and the spirit of which it was written in. If that means a liberal decision than so be it. I cannot stand a decision that is based in ideology from either side.
            Bingo, I don’t need government management in my families health or body choices .

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              There is a concept I have bounced back and forth with, and haven't figured out the best way to present it yet, and it's the idea that for a mom, or dad and mom, think an abortion is EVER an acceptable end to a pregnancy (With a few exceptions), they have to be in a real bad state of mind.

Those people that come to that conclusion need mental help. They are mentally ill. It's not a knock on them, it's the fact of the matter. They need a therapist. They don't need a law telling them what to do one way or another. We can't legislate morality.
              You are certainly correct, you cannot legislate morality.

Does it have to be a moral or religious issue if you simply think it’s murder to kill an unborn child?

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post

Does it have to be a moral or religious issue if you simply think it’s murder to kill an unborn child?

This is the crux of the argument. At what point from inception to seconds before birth do we as a society consider there to be "life" that is afforded due process of law. At whatever point it is considered a living human than it becomes homicide. This is where people cant see eye to eye. On the extremes there are those that believe we have a living human the second the two sex cells meet. On the other end there is no living human afforded any rights of protection until the second it comes out of mama. Most everyone is somewhere in between those two poles.

I am pro life and pro choice. I think at a detectable heartbeat it is a living human being and afforded the right to be protected. It would be my preference that people not abort past this point. On the flip side I am pro choice as I dont think it is morally correct to dictate what someone else does but at what point do I consider it homicide and that there should be government intervention? I am not sure. Definitely third trimester to me is homicide. We cannot know at what point a child in the womb becomes sentient or that would make this entire debate simple.

This may sound bad to some but I also know if all abortions are made illegal there will be hundreds of thousands of feral orphan children roaming the streets, think Oliver Twist.

Sometimes there is no simple right or wrong answers and this is one of those situations. No action in this universe is without an equal and opposite reaction. For anything good done the same amount of evil is done in its place somewhere else. Things are never black and white and are always paradoxical.

My .02 Not looking to debate
                Last edited by Ætheling; 12-02-2021, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                  This is the crux of the argument. At what point from inception to seconds before birth do we as a society consider there to be "life" that is afforded due process of law. At whatever point it is considered a living human than it becomes homicide. This is where people cant see eye to eye. On the extremes there are those that believe we have a living human the second the two sex cells meet. On the other end there is no living human afforded any rights of protection until the second it comes out of mama. Most everyone is somewhere in between those two poles.

I am pro life and pro choice. I think at a detectable heartbeat it is a living human being and afforded the right to be protected. It would be my preference that people not abort past this point. On the flip side I am pro choice as I dont think it is morally correct to dictate what someone else does but at what point do I consider it homicide and that there should be government intervention? I am not sure. Definitely third trimester to me is homicide. We cannot know at what point a child in the womb becomes sentient or that would make this entire debate simple.

This may sound bad to some but I also know if all abortions are made illegal there will be hundreds of thousands of feral orphan children roaming the streets, think Oliver Twist.

Sometimes there is no simple right or wrong answers and this is one of those situations. No action in this universe is without an equal and opposite reaction. For anything good done the same amount of evil is done in its place somewhere else. Things are never black and white and are always paradoxical.

My .02 Not looking to debate
                  Eloquently stated!
                  The paradox of society, and a real life catch 22 !

Comment

Just something to make you think....

What about a Fathers rights in this situation? Do we agree it takes two?, if so, why is one making all the decisions?

Comment

Originally posted by Todd P View Post

What about a Fathers rights in this situation? Do we agree it takes two?, if so, why is one making all the decisions?
                      This is a good point that is never given any credence by the system. This entire thing is just a lose lose for everyone honestly.

Comment

Apathy!
                        I had a guy that worked for me that @ 23yo had 9 baby mamas
                        He didn’t give two ****s about how many children he had ! So long as he didn’t have to pay to support them !
                        His younger brother Odell had 5 baby mamas, feral dogs just don’t care

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post

I think it's morally wrong to kill someone. AE nails the big crux of the issue. When does one consider a child a child? At conception? At birth?

But I think the argument is way simpler. Teach people to make good decisions, then all of a sudden the foregoing argument is gone.

NOW, teaching people to make good decisions? That's the tough one. It starts at home with a mommy and daddy who care, a school system who cares, learning actions and subsequent consequences, providing for yourself and your loved ones, and mutual respect for others. There are more, but those are big ones. And you don't teach those things to an entire society overnight. Heck it took 40-50 years or more to teach people it's okay to live off the government. It's going to take at least that amount of time to fix it.

Again, it's one of those area's if we stop subscribing to the narrative that the left and right push out, it solves itself. Teach future parents to make good decisions. Get politics out of schools. Teach self reliance.

I know my position is a pipe dream. But I truly think it's the best path forward on the issue. I no longer entertain the narrative the left and right put out.

Comment

Working...
                          X