Danno's Religious Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
    When God has His sights set on you, you can only run so far before he gets you!!!!!!!
    When He got me, I was outta breath! [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
      When God has His sights set on you, you can only run so far before he gets you!!!!!!!
      For Some it's a light tapping on the front door...for others it takes a swift 2x4 between the eyes. Doesn't matter how as long as ya get that kitchen pass.

God is Good...

<><

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
          Gents,

I can't begin to express my humble gratitude to you all for really setting aside your opinions of me to try to reach out and help me understand better. Some have PM'd me and others have offered their personal time and property. I'm truly not deserving of your hospitality. I think this could be how God works through others to reach the lost. I never thought I was lost. I mean I have a great career, family, credit score lol, but I believe I'm lost. Thank you from every fiber of my being for taking time out of your lives to put thought and reason in your responses. I have so much info to go research and I'm really looking forward to the journey, where ever it takes me.

Now I have a couple of more questions:

1. When man goes to heaven, what form will he take? Will he be in his form at death, when he was young, or will he be able to choose? Will we recognize family as our family or will we just know them as a fellow soul in heaven? Seems like if we love some more than others there will be an unbalance of sorts.

2. I have read some of you speak about the ones that died before Jesus came or those that did not have the ability to hear his message. That they are given the message in death. Was this a one time thing to cover everyone before Jesus, or since then are all the dead given the message upon their death if they were not given it during life?
          1. The Bible says you will put on the mind of Christ, so those answers will be taken care of...you will know what you need too. We will have glorified bodies.

2. This is not a teaching from the Bible so I have no response. The Bible is clear in that no person will have an excuse on judgement day.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            This thread gives me great hope. Not only for Danno, but for Christianity as a whole. Christians have a habit of running people off with holier-than-thou attitudes and crappy comments, rather than helping them find the Way in. This thread has none of that! Well done, men!

Danno, for me, it’s just Faith. I’m too dense to understand it all, so I have faith that Gods word is true and I stand on his promises. I know there are times in my life I’d have never survived without those promises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Well said.

Comment

Gents,

I can't begin to express my humble gratitude to you all for really setting aside your opinions of me to try to reach out and help me understand better. Some have PM'd me and others have offered their personal time and property. I'm truly not deserving of your hospitality. I think this could be how God works through others to reach the lost. I never thought I was lost. I mean I have a great career, family, credit score lol, but I believe I'm lost. Thank you from every fiber of my being for taking time out of your lives to put thought and reason in your responses. I have so much info to go research and I'm really looking forward to the journey, where ever it takes me.

1. When man goes to heaven, what form will he take? Will he be in his form at death, when he was young, or will he be able to choose? Will we recognize family as our family or will we just know them as a fellow soul in heaven? Seems like if we love some more than others there will be an unbalance of sorts.

2. I have read some of you speak about the ones that died before Jesus came or those that did not have the ability to hear his message. That they are given the message in death. Was this a one time thing to cover everyone before Jesus, or since then are all the dead given the message upon their death if they were not given it during life?

PRAISE GOD!! You sir just made my day with this post!! I read it and got up and went and closed the door to my office... I thanked God for you and for this awakening and I did it with big ol' tears rolling down my face... I am very happy for you that you have decided to walk this path. Please let us know how we can help with your walk... We're all on the same path. We are all at different places along the same path... some will be able to help "push" you along as they come along behind you. Some will be able to reach back and "pull" you along as you follow them... That's how this works... There's a verse in the Bible that talks about this and the premise is that "iron sharpens iron"... when you rub two blades together properly, they both become "sharper"...

A couple words of caution...
              Satan is not going to be very happy with you right about now, so be on your guard that you do not let him discourage you... Keep you eyes looking "up" toward God. Even Jesus was tempted by Satan when He officially began his ministry of showing the world who He was... At some point you will read about this and how He (Jesus) used the Holy Scriptures as his weapon against Satan... Lean on that first.
              Second, as you read your Bible(s), just like reading through this thread, you'll read things that you want to dive right into and learn more about it... Then you'll read something that troubles you that you do not understand and you get frustrated in trying to understand it... DO NOT be discouraged... Take it slow and easy and ask God to help you understand what you are reading. Some very probing and deep questions have been asked in this thread and some phenomenal Biblical principles have been revealed in this thread... You will not understand them all. Start out simple and read. Just read and don't get hung up on a verse her or a string of verses there that stump you... Skip them and move on. You will read in the Bible that the Holy Spirit (God) will reveal to you as you are able to understand/comprehend when HE is ready for you to "get it"... I have been a student of the Bible for nearly 40 years, and to this day, I still practice this kind of reading... Some verses I've read over literally a hundred times then one day I'll be reading and get one of those a-ha!! moments... The first time it happens, you'll understand and it will be very fulfilling and a good thing... Above all, stick with it. You have taken the first Giant step in the process by acknowledging that you are lost and that you need God and He wants you! God will bless you with that!!

Now to your questions, they are VERY complicated and neither in my own mind can be answered matter-of-factly. Regarding what kind of body we will have after we die, there are places in the Bible in some of the prophetic writings/books that talks about visions of "heaven" and "multitudes" all wearing white robes and such and all singing and praising God. At other times the descriptions are different such as right after Jesus's resurrection, when He first revealed Himself to Mary for instance, at first when she saw him, she did not recognize him until He wanted her to. Then He spoke her name "Mary" and when she looked at Him she saw him for who He was... When he revealed himself to His disciples in behind closed doors, they recognized him... The wounds from the beatings, crown of thorns, all had been removed, yet when he spoke to Thomas (one of the Apostles known as "doubting Thomas" a famous term used based on that specific incident) He told Thomas to look at the nail scars in his hands/feed and put his hand in His side where he had been pierced with the Roman Soldier's spear. This was done to "show" Thomas without a doubt that the man Thomas was talking to and looking at was indeed the risen Jesus... This, I do not believe is like our final resurrected body. I also believe because Scripture tells us that the heaven we experience at death is not the final resting place for our souls and our restored body... In Revelation we are clearly told that "heaven and this earth will pass away" and it will be replaced with a new heaven and a new earth that is identified as the "New Jerusalem"... This is where the city is described as having streets of gold and there no longer being any night or day or sun or anything like we have today... How that all works out I don't know. It is sure fascinating to me and fun to study and try to learn as much about it all as I can... My views of it all have changed over the years and will likely change again... All that is not important really. We KNOW because God has told us in His Word that when we receive our body, it will be a glorified body and we will be like Him... I'll just have to go with that for now...

Regarding those who didn't get the opportunity to hear and receive the Gospel before their death... That's another hard one too. I do believe there is an age of accountability, but I'm not totally sure what that is. It may vary. For instance a little healthy baby whose life is taken in a tragic accident... God tells us that he loves little children enough for me to know He's not going to condemn them to Hell... He is a JUST God and there is no evil in Him. Folks who were here before Jesus became a man and walked on the earth still had the opportunity to know Him, not as a physical person because he had not walked the earth yet, but He existed. Jesus in the Spirit has always existed because He is fully man and fully God. For instance, Abraham whom God made the covenant with to create a great nation through (Jewish nation) never spoke the sinners prayer and "got saved", but Abraham followed God and did as God asked him to do even to the point of being willing to sacrifice his own son Issac because God told him to... God stepped in and stopped that sacrifice and Abraham's faith was credited to him as righteousness. Before Jesus was born of a virgin and became a man, the Jews were under the law and they had a system of repentance and sacrifice to follow God. Many were "saved" though their faith as it was counted to them as righteousness. Scripture also has passages in it where God tells us that his creation, the very things in nature reveal himself to man and from that man can know God... I don't know how it all works, and since right now we are in the "church age" and we have the ability to accept God's Son, Jesus as our sacrifice and be saved, that's all we need to worry about for now...

Just keep pluggin' away at it man!!

Comment

On edit…knock/seek and you shall find what you are looking for
                Last edited by Death from Above; 07-22-2021, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Gents,

Very possibly the best thing I've ever read on this site, and I've been here a long time.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
                    That's a fascinating topic, wonder how many on this forum had a bar of soap in their mouth one time or another. Now days a mom go to jail for that. But speaking from experience, it was good for me, gargle gag guck ...

This is a great thread. Love hearing testimony of others, sharing of Word, seeking to help others. keep it going
                    I got my mouth with soap on a fairly regular basis. All these years later, I still know what Dial soap tastes like.

Comment

I think the longer I live the more I believe in God The Father, the spiritual realm and afterlife. And, I'm sure the vast majority of the world feels the same way. The after life is not a uniquely Christian belief. In fact, 84% of the world believes there is an afterlife (LINK).

54.2% of the world believes in the God of Abraham (32.5% Christian, 21.5% Muslim, .2% Judaism).

Another truism I have come to understand - all good things come from God. Thinking good things come from man is shortsightedness. It is equivalent to watching a child give money to a homeless person and failing to recognize the child got the money and instruction from an adult and failing to recognize how and why the adult had the money.

We are all lights on the journey. Some are bright lights, held high for all to see the path and some are dim lights that are hidden, barely showing enough light to shine on themselves. Most of us vary between the two. Today, I am just a dim light for you but I'm sure there are several who are bright as the sun today. May your path be well lit so you may find your way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                        Another truism I have come to understand - all good things come from God. Thinking good things come from man is shortsightedness. It is equivalent to watching a child give money to a homeless person and failing to recognize the child got the money and instruction from an adult and failing to recognize how and why the adult had the money.
                        So true and it is verified in scripture
                        James 1:17

"Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow."
                        Describing yourself as a light was dead on as well.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X