First Time in Recorded History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kong View Post
    I think our kids are the least of the problems, we know how our kids are raised and yet we still have a crises on our hands. If you don’t think our education system isn't a major issue your kidding yourself. These kids with fatherless homes and teachers all to willing to fill them with BS is a huge issue combined with all these turds moving here from places because they hate their current situation yet vote the same way. Texas is screwed, maybe not today but dang sure very near in the future.
    The same with people coming in from south of the border.
    They would vote for the same crap they are fleeing from.
    Crazy.

Comment

The problem with liberals is they vote for stupid people and ideas then ***** about the results. Move away from those bad results and start over with voting for stupid people and ideas. They have come here and will continue and they will absolutely **** stuff up

Comment

Y’all are all too late, my grandad told me that this country is going down the drain 30 years ago. He said it wouldn’t last another generation when all these hippies get in charge. I’m not saying our country doesn’t have problems because it does and always has, I just think we all focus on the negative too much.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
          The not being able to read, is ridiculous.
          I've hired a couple guys, and wound up having to let them go over it.
          I'm assuming their mom or someone filled out the app for them.
          Had one kid come in, and he ask if we could fill out the application for him because he couldn't read it.
          I feel sorry for most of them, as it's gonna be a tough row to hoe as you move into adulthood, trying to raise kids, buy a house, etc..
          My best friend is in his 50s, fairly wealthy, can barely read, writing is worse, but he has a ton of common sense, and work ethic second to none, which has allowed him to go far in life.
          These kids today, can't operate a screwdriver, don't know what actual work is, and common sense, well that's a new word to them.....could you please explain....
          Poor America.
          I have a guy that can barely read or write, but he comes to work every day and does his job.
          He’s been working for me for 12 years, this day and time I can’t be too picky, it’s hard to find people that’ll work.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
            Y’all are all too late, my grandad told me that this country is going down the drain 30 years ago. He said it wouldn’t last another generation when all these hippies get in charge. I’m not saying our country doesn’t have problems because it does and always has, I just think we all focus on the negative too much.
            Your grandad was right. Been going down the drain for years. But if you haven't noticed, we have picked up speed incredibly in the last 3 years. We are at the point where you hear the wooshing sound and the pipes are rattling.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremyk View Post
              Are you saying it’s my job to parent your kids and teach them morals?
              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              No, I'm saying it is your job to teach reading, writing, arithmetic, science and history (the way it happened, not the social justice version) and leave the biased indoctrination out of it!

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
              That's what you got from that!!!
              I believe he's saying the exact opposite. STOP TEACHING THEM MORALS IN SCHOOL!!!
              Teach them to read, write, and do math and leave the morals to the parents at home.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
              Bingo!!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                A good friend of mine teaches at our local Jr. college and he told me that the number of kids coming to that school who cannot read is staggering.. Yet they somehow graduate.. WTH is really going on??
                Yep & I’ve heard employers looking for skilled trade job applicants who can’t even read a ruler & its increments.

It’s called push them along & parents don’t care many will use school as a free baby sitter

Comment

Working...
                X