No announcement yet.

Jeez, I like Trump but..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The LA TIMES focus group conducted by pollster Frank Luntz (who has financial ties to the Bidens) should tell everyone a lot. All but one undecided voter said Trump.

Comment

If Biden won why is he giving an independent speech right now? Of course he is reading it, and not doing too well at it, but there he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
        LOL! Liberal media and their "polls".
        Judging from this thread, Trump won...
        While I do agree with the Liberal media and most of their polls, this was a local vote on the website poll. It had over 5K votes last night, but I looked today and couldn't find it on the website.

Comment

That debate was definitely much better than the first. Both opponents displayed a bit more restraint, at least for the first half. It definitely got a bit more choppy in the 2nd half as both candidates threw out more jabs.

The Moderator did an ok job, but she still obviously gave Biden more layups. The Moderator interruption count was completely lopsided toward Trump, which displays an obvious bias. Both candidates spoke for about the same amount of time, so you can't really point to Trump rambling as a reasoning for all the interruptions. With that said, the moderator surprisingly did bring up immigration as a discussion topic and she did ask Biden about the Hunter accusations. Not great by any means, but she didn't have to mention either of those.

With that said, no question, Trump won this debate. Biden just played the "emotion" card. That's all he's got. When asked about COVID, rather than discussion policy, he dwells on the death numbers. He rambles on about a down economy, but then claims he would be placing more COVID restrictions on small business.

I thought Trump really nailed it home with the 47 years in politics comments. He even pointed to the 8 years Biden was VP. It made Biden look like the typical politician. Biden would claim Trump didn't fix something and Trump would simply counter with the notion that the same problem persisted back when Biden was VP. I also thought Trump hit home on climate change. He brought out the truth on why he withdrew from the Paris Climate accord. China, India and a few others are the worst polluters in the world, yet their agreed quotas were a joke. Not much different than the WHO...US should pay the piper, while other countries get a free pass and even more say so to boot.

Regardless, most voters minds were made up well before. This debate probably did nothing, but considering how close the swing State races were in 2016; I'd say even just a 1/4 point shift one way or the other could mean a lot.

Comment

Captain, those are good points. Next week we will see the polls get more accurate as pollsters stop "adjusting" their numbers so that they can pretend they "predicted" a Trump win.

We are going to see lots of within the margin of error polls next week.

Comment

Good points Captain. I was glad he talked about Paris accord a little more but I still wish he would say more. Like has anyone researched the ill effects of disposing of batteries that will be required for switch to solar power? How will we produce enough energy to power homes and electric vehicles, how much land is needed to place enough solar panels and wind turbines to replace existing plants?

I am also afraid that Biden swayed uninformed people with the minimum wage increase. I think that may have been his biggest win. Trump should have expanded more on increased costs and how it is a net zero effect rather than just closing businesses.

but overall I still agree he won, at least with people who have half a brain and some common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                I didn't watch it, but poll by WFAA news I saw last night showed 70% thought Biden won.
                She also said that “trump did very well this time” and “but trump lied a lot” etc.
                they spin everything how they want it.

Comment

[ATTACH]1024839[/ATTACH]

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                      I agree. She did a good job. She challenged both candidates
                      I may revise this statement.

I believe the debate was good, and in terms of moderation, she did the best this cycle.

After watching some critique, she missed a few fact checks on Sleepy Joe. She also asked Trump a lot of leading follow up questions that I didn’t pay attention to the first time.

Comment

Working...
                      X