No announcement yet.

Question for those who still watch NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don’t have HEBs so I’m clueless on that one. To be clear, I hate that the NFL is allowing this junk to become a part of the game. I just want to watch football! I just thought it was interesting that some people bash those who are watching the NFL yet justify spending actual dollars with companies that support the very same causes by saying it’s not as visual to them.

Comment

HEB, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon all support BLM. Guess a lot of folks gonna have a bunch of stuff to destroy tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
        Not one person in the NFL has said or is saying they want to kill LEO's ... If you want to believe that, go right ahead. I still believe you can say Black Lives Matter without supporting the organization that took that name. I get it if you don't want to separate the phrase from the organization, but that's your choice.

There is a line, but again, I dont believe it will ever happen. I will let you know when it does.
        we're on pins and needles.

Comment

Like I said, out of sight out of mind. I just asked a question in my previous post. These sound like excuses to me.
          I think the answer for me is this....you can not change the world or protest every company that does something you dont agree with. You still need groceries and you still need supplies to live your life. The only thing you can do is hold onto your beliefs and dont sway in the breeze like a feather when it comes to that.

When it comes to what pro sports are doing, its very easy to not put up with it....turn off the TV. Its that simple. If you have to get your sports fix, watch some old games back when pro athletes took it as serious as a freshman college football player trying to hold onto his scholarship and make a name for himself

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            Some very disappointing responses in this thread. Just leaves me shaking my head at where we are as a society.
            Rolling down hill like a snowball headed for he.l.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              HEB, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon all support BLM. Guess a lot of folks gonna have a bunch of stuff to destroy tonight.
              Do they promote protesting the national anthem & supporting a rapist by displaying his name on the premises / sites?? Come on glen, it's not the same being 'pc' by supporting blm sans advertisement vs it being forced down your throat with displays / physical actions forcing you to pick a side.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                Do they promote protesting the national anthem & supporting a rapist by displaying his name on the premises / sites?? Come on glen, it's not the same being 'pc' by supporting blm sans advertisement vs it being forced down your throat with displays / physical actions forcing you to pick a side.
                This.

Comment

Do they even play the national anthem in the store? Do they raise a flag and sing the anthem when they open?

See how this works both ways?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

These places support BLM which supports everything you just mentioned. What am I missing here?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                      I quit them last season but if I hadn't I would for sure quit them now.
                      [ATTACH]1019205[/ATTACH]
                      This is an absolute lie ... This is why media and people suck at times.

Comment

This thread is going no where good haha.

It's simple some of us like sports too much to stop watching even with the current "stuff" going on. I love fantasy football and watching football. It would take a lot to make me stop watching. Some people cannot get over it which I understand. I think a lot of this is generational.

My dad struggles to watch it and he loves sports.

And by the way, I vote for Trump and completely disagree with the NFL but I will be watching every Sunday, go Cowboys!!

Comment

I think a lot of this is generational.
                          yes that is what is wrong with most everything that is going on

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                            yes that is what is wrong with most everything that is going on
                            the VAST majority of protesters are millenials....

Time outs and participation trophies did not have the desired outcome we had hoped for

Comment

No matter what people think or say, the NFL will never go away. I think people actually care about what athletes have to say. Not sure why? Kind of like caring what celebrities have to say. It's simple, don't watch if you think they are disrespecting your idea of what our men and women fought and continue to fight for. I'm a veteran, I don't like it, but guess what, I served so they could burn the flag if they choose. I disagree, but that's my opinion. I will continue to watch football because I like football. Could care less who's throwing or running or catching the ball. I just like the sport; always have. If you think they will have an impact on your child's outlook, then I say you are not involved enough in your child's life plain and simple. After this dies down it will be something else to complain about. Just stop watching, but don't try to push your opinions on others. That's no different from what they are doing is it?

Comment

I drove in my second Trump Train at 4 pm. Tuned in to the Cowboy game to see what they did. One dude knealt that will not be on the team long. The rest stood. Coach and owner had their hands on their heart. I left it on and did some stuff and saw parts of the game.

Is that acceptable?

BTW, there were no criminals names on anyone's helmet. That was done by a couple of ******nozzles at practice. Not any Cowboys.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 09-14-2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X