No announcement yet.

Floyd BWC released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they find him guilty it will be a guilty vote of emotion not of evidence. I see no way to prove intent to kill.
    But like everyone else I don't have all the evidence before me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think they will be able to prove murder on Chauvin, the others will got off completely & it will end up with a whole new round of riots simply due to the over charges.

Comment

What is taught is not the neck. Area between neck and shoulder blade. I have sat in this position until medical has arrived. I’m not even saying he applied it correctly. Hobble a person makes delerium worse. If you listen to the body cam. Officer starts EMS early. Well before patrol car. When he stiffens up and they pull him through patrol car and on ground you can hear something about a hobble. Then it sounds like an Officer said not to hobble- I’m guessing that is going to be one of the more senior officers.

Criminal charges for killing Floyd I don’t see- If they were pressing for a Federal Civil Rights Violation I could see the possible validity.

And I’ve seen more Officers with fingers that are not straight from handcuffs than any other injury - maybe more from running and pulling up gimp but about the same. Guys use chain cuffs a lot and when fingers and hands get tangled while trying to control bad stuff happens. Hinged cuffs are the way to go
        Last edited by glen; 08-06-2020, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post

Have any active LEO's said it was proper procedure to lean your knee into the neck of an already cuffed and laying prone suspect that has at least 2 other LEO's holding him down? Anyone saying that is proper? If so, I must have missed it. From most accounts, GF was a pos. That doesn't make it right to excuse bad behavior from LEO's. They can both be wrong and I think they were in this particular case.

My dads an Leo of almost 25 years now and told me that was never part of their training.

Bolded part is correct and I agree both of them made mistakesthat day. They both paid the price for those mistakes. Pops said the same thing as well.

Comment

Any interested in the actual techniques just google - prone handcuffing techniques. All handcuffing techniques are also control type techniques. Many people in LE don’t get training other than the required minimal hours. I’ve been fortunate- I’ve had weeks of advanced driving- advanced shooting classes for rifle, shotguns, and pistols as well as ground fighting. It has kinda cut down the past couple years but I use to get about 100 rounds of pistol ammunition every day I showed up at the range. I was on highway and usually went 3 times a week. With all that said many LE are taught the prone handcuffing and control technique involving the knee to the neck area. Me included. Do I think or know if it was done correctly or his training records will show he was trained in this. I don’t know

Comment

Glen, stop avoiding my question. Were you trained to 'knee neck' after the suspect was handcuffed and immobilized by two other cops?

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                Any interested in the actual techniques just google - prone handcuffing techniques. All handcuffing techniques are also control type techniques. Many people in LE don’t get training other than the required minimal hours. I’ve been fortunate- I’ve had weeks of advanced driving- advanced shooting classes for rifle, shotguns, and pistols as well as ground fighting. It has kinda cut down the past couple years but I use to get about 100 rounds of pistol ammunition every day I showed up at the range. I was on highway and usually went 3 times a week. With all that said many LE are taught the prone handcuffing and control technique involving the knee to the neck area. Me included. Do I think or know if it was done correctly or his training records will show he was trained in this. I don’t know
                Glen, I googled just as you said. In every example, the 'arresting officer' was by himself. I have no problem when a lone officer has to arrest a resisting suspect and has to use the 'knee neck' technique to 'anchor' the suspect in order to safely handcuff him. But, this was not the case with gf, and you know it.

Comment

Did not avoid. Knee placed between neck and shoulder. Other knee in arm pit. This is for prone handcuffing and control. Don’t know how else to answer. Watch some Prone Handcuffing videos. Most will show this technique or close variation.

Comment

Done the same with multiple officers as well. Only difference is guy on legs crosses legs and leans in toward the belt. I would imagine nationwide this is changing and a different technique comes. Kinda like Lower Vascular Neck Restraint “LVNR”- or “choke hold” - at one time a lot of departments trained it- I don’t know of many that do now
                    Last edited by glen; 08-06-2020, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Done the same with multiple officers as well. Only difference is guy on legs crosses legs and leans in toward the belt
                      Ok, thank you, and, be safe.

Comment

And it’s been a long time. Correct is Lateral Vascular Neck Restraint

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                          So, you are good with bad cops, correct? Just so I understand where you coming from.
                          You pointed out a incident where a corrupted cop, botched a drug raid and two innocent people died. I never said that corruption didn't exist. I said, I will ALWAYS take the side of law enforcement, meaning, they will always be innocent until proven guilty in my book. They do a job, day in and day out that most of us don't have the balls to do; so for that reason they will Always get the benefit of the doubt in my book. Especially when presented only with the evidence that comes off the 6 o'clock news. I hope that rationalization is sufficient enough for you, and that you don't feel the need to send me any more PM's trolling for confrontation. Have a good one.

Comment

LWC - it is trained and has been. It is a control technique. You face the person and kneel with your shin across the back of the collar bone- Point of knee towards offside hip. You use the ball of your foot to adjust any pressure needed. In the last 7 months departments have been changing it as quickly as they can.

When I was taught I was told it keeps fingers and wrists of suspect and Officers from being broken and safer because you are not dog piling the suspect to prevent movement....

And what people (some on TBH) can't understand is after the change..it takes one scum bag that OD's on drugs while using the new technique and then that will have to change as well.

There's no magic Kung Fu ninja move/hold to hold down a crazy doped animal every time without injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                              You pointed out a incident where a corrupted cop, botched a drug raid and two innocent people died. I never said that corruption didn't exist. I said, I will ALWAYS take the side of law enforcement, meaning, they will always be innocent until proven guilty in my book. They do a job, day in and day out that most of us don't have the balls to do; so for that reason they will Always get the benefit of the doubt in my book. Especially when presented only with the evidence that comes off the 6 o'clock news. I hope that rationalization is sufficient enough for you, and that you don't feel the need to send me any more PM's trolling for confrontation. Have a good one.

BTW - It won't be enough for some people

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

BTW - It won't be enough for some people
                                I know, that's why I usually stay out of the PACE forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X