Floyd BWC released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
    I was under the impression that the blue line was where officers will protect their own, even when Internal Affairs interview them. I must have used the wrong term. I support our police tremendously and I appreciate what they do and go through, as well as their families. I am on your side.

I hate bad cops, I understand we make mistakes, all of us do, but to allow a bad cop to continue to do the wrong things is so messed up. I also believe that the good cops way outnumber the bad cops and they hate the bad cops too.

SH

This is why the whole Floyd incident should lie on the shoulders of the mayor and police chief too not just those officers. Chauvin should have been canned based on what has been reported. The systematic issue, if there is one, is how the pds are managed from the top down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I was under the impression that the blue line was where officers will protect their own, even when Internal Affairs interview them. I must have used the wrong term. I support our police tremendously and I appreciate what they do and go through, as well as their families. I am on your side.
      I hate bad cops, I understand we make mistakes, all of us do, but to allow a bad cop to continue to do the wrong things is so messed up. I also believe that the good cops way outnumber the bad cops and they hate the bad cops too.

SH
      We all hate bad LEO (or bad anything). But far too many people act like LEO are bad...WAY more than they are. It's disturbing. The pattern is very clear..When the media puts out a headline of a LEO beating, shooting an "unarmed" person 99% of the time it turns out the LEO was in the right.

So why in the world would you ever take the criminals side before facts and video come out? Or heck even if you have some video.. It still turns out LEO is usually right.

I bet if you were investing your hard earned money you wouldn't listen to a crack head who made one good investment gamble over a well groomed investment guru that made 99 good ones and one bad investment.

Comment

You always side with LE? Always? What about the Harding St murders last year and that bastage Goines? He is a bad cop and had bad cops around him, and others that shielded him. They are bad cops. There are bad cops and by protecting the bad cops, make the majority which are good cops look bad by association. We need to root out the bad cops and their brethren does not need to look away and protect the 'blue line'.
        Yes, alway.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

While "excited delirium" has been mostly abandoned as a term, members of law enforcement still regularly encounter subjects in crisis.

Comment

Pretty sure this is what happens to some wild animals. I have personally seen a trapped feral hog fall over dead in the trap pen when approached. Always thought it might have been scared to death. No reason it couldn't happen to a human.

Comment

Muzzle break - It has happened to me several times. Just like these guys in Minn. I knew it was going on once. Same outcome. The other guy was fighting with 3 officers and when I got there we were able to secure him and at the time we strapped their handcuffs to their feet “hog tie” is what some called it. I started EMS for one officer with broken fingers and another with cut. Walked over the patrol car and guy was gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                Yes, alway.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk
                So, you are good with bad cops, correct? Just so I understand where you coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  We all hate bad LEO (or bad anything). But far too many people act like LEO are bad...WAY more than they are. It's disturbing. The pattern is very clear..When the media puts out a headline of a LEO beating, shooting an "unarmed" person 99% of the time it turns out the LEO was in the right.

So why in the world would you ever take the criminals side before facts and video come out? Or heck even if you have some video.. It still turns out LEO is usually right.

I bet if you were investing your hard earned money you wouldn't listen to a crack head who made one good investment gamble over a well groomed investment guru that made 99 good ones and one bad investment.
                  I don't know if you are talking to me but I, do not take FG's side. He was a punk, for sure. But, Chauvin was definitely in the wrong to do what he did. Here is a quote from someone who did police training.

Answer to: Why do police put their knee on the back of your neck when cuffing you?

Why? Because they were poorly trained.

At the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, I went through the 10-week Police Training course as an integral part of my training there.

We were specifically trained NOT to place any amount of our body weight upon the upper back or neck of a person being restrained face-down.

With a proper arm-lock or wrist-lock, or even a good grip on the person’s hair, there is absolutely NO reason to place weight on their NECK while handcuffing a person, compliant or not…
                  It’s incredibly dangerous.

Now, to those claiming it is included in the training, please show proof. And, this is while handcuffing, not already handcuffed and being held down by two other cops.

Comment

I don't know if you are talking to me but I, do not take FG's side. He was a punk, for sure. But, Chauvin was definitely in the wrong to do what he did. Here is a quote from someone who did police training.

Answer to: Why do police put their knee on the back of your neck when cuffing you?

At the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, I went through the 10-week Police Training course as an integral part of my training there.

We were specifically trained NOT to place any amount of our body weight upon the upper back or neck of a person being restrained face-down.

With a proper arm-lock or wrist-lock, or even a good grip on the person’s hair, there is absolutely NO reason to place weight on their NECK while handcuffing a person, compliant or not…

Now, to those claiming it is included in the training, please show proof. And, this is while handcuffing, not already handcuffed and being held down by two other cops.
                    just curious, have you ever looked up from your phone while driving, and thought; "Man, I shouldnt have done that, I could have killed someone", and had your heart jump or regret what you did? People lose track of time and it happens every day in the normal course of their job. I see people's eyes as i drive down the highway.

I think we all need to take a step back from the eating the garden apple again and saying "this is 100% wrong, and this is 100% right". Sick of it. These dudes charge into gun fire to protect us. And we sit here and grip when they make a mistake. Doctors make mistakes due to incompetence...yet we don't call them racists or 100% wrong all the time. (google "dr death texas"). Such b honky

lots of us dont operate your day every day with life or death decisions yet sit behind your desk or on your couch while pausing from halo and tell people how to do there jobs, including the president. well, put on a badge or run for office. change something. clean your room. clean your yard. protect your neighboor. help the elderly, widow and needy. work hard.

navy seals train for 6 months + for a deplyment and LEOs are grinding it out day after day and people are demanding defunding. I say increase it, change training, give more breaks....not holidays but training breaks. psyc evalvs, ju jitsu, empathy, drug and mental illness training. Give em a break too. You might either be disengaged or on a hair trigger if every day your were one side glance away from a round to the jaw.

Rant over
                    Last edited by mjbtexas; 08-06-2020, 11:35 AM. Reason: *lots of us vs you dont

Comment

But you ignore the active LEO on this thread telling you about using knees? Geez

GF died because of what he did, not the LEO. He broke the law multiple times that day. Doing illegal drugs caused his death. No way in hades should police change what they do because some druggie may be drugged up and get hurt while being arrested.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        But you ignore the active LEO on this thread telling you about using knees? Geez

GF died because of what he did, not the LEO. He broke the law multiple times that day. Doing illegal drugs caused his death. No way in hades should police change what they do because some druggie may be drugged up and get hurt while being arrested.
                        Have any active LEO's said it was proper procedure to lean your knee into the neck of an already cuffed and laying prone suspect that has at least 2 other LEO's holding him down? Anyone saying that is proper? If so, I must have missed it. From most accounts, GF was a pos. That doesn't make it right to excuse bad behavior from LEO's. They can both be wrong and I think they were in this particular case.

Comment

LWC - it is trained and has been. It is a control technique. You face the person and kneel with your shin across the back of the collar bone- Point of knee towards offside hip. You use the ball of your foot to adjust any pressure needed. In the last 7 months departments have been changing it as quickly as they can.

When I was taught I was told it keeps fingers and wrists of suspect and Officers from being broken and safer because you are not dog piling the suspect to prevent movement.

And I agree they could have both been wrong- have no idea on Chauvin's training records. I was surprised when I watched the body cam and read the actual charges. Once I saw the video and listened to the audio I don't know how they will prove intent.
                          Last edited by glen; 08-06-2020, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            LWC - it is trained and has been. It is a control technique. You face the person and kneel with your shin across the back of the collar bone- Point of knee towards offside hip. You use the ball of your foot to adjust any pressure needed. In the last 7 months departments have been changing it as quickly as they can.

When I was taught I was told it keeps fingers and wrists of suspect and Officers from being broken and safer because you are not dog piling the suspect to prevent movement.

And I agree they could have both been wrong- have no idea on Chauvin's training records. I was surprised when I watched the body cam and read the actual charges. Once I saw the video and listened to the audio I don't know how they will prove intent.
                            Glen, so, what you're telling me is that you were trained to 'knee neck' a suspect even though he is handcuffed (hands) and lower body restrained by two cops, not being able to move at all, for 8:46? How is the suspect going to hurt your fingers if he is handcuffed. You are the only one saying that you were trained in 'knee necking' so I'm asking a direct question. Rat, are you following this? BTW, what was with that guy above ranting incoherently? Geez.......
                            Last edited by Guest; 08-06-2020, 03:14 PM.

Comment

glen, I agree that Chauvin was likely over charged. But I saw nothing on that tape that justifies kneeling on and possibly making it harder to breath for gf. He was beligerant but I never saw him grab, strike, headbutt, threaten or cause harm to an officer. I assume that you and most other LEO's have dealt with criminals with similar issues and much worse.

Maybe he should have just been charged with assault or possibly manslaughter. I think 2nd degree murder is a stretch and will be hard to prove. I see it as the officer using excessive force and a bad dude died during the process while 20 people filmed it.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                                glen, I agree that Chauvin was likely over charged. But I saw nothing on that tape that justifies kneeling on and possibly making it harder to breath for gf. He was beligerant but I never saw him grab, strike, headbutt, threaten or cause harm to an officer. I assume that you and most other LEO's have dealt with criminals with similar issues and much worse.

Maybe he should have just been charged with assault or possibly manslaughter. I think 2nd degree murder is a stretch and will be hard to prove. I see it as the officer using excessive force and a bad dude died during the process while 20 people filmed it.
                                I agree that murder is the wrong charge given that Chauvin didn't intend to kill gf. Definitely, manslaughter is the right charge but again, this is Minn, not Texas, so I am not really sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X