New Relief Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
    It's a game.. Keep the markets up, but dry up the jobs.. Then all the hedge funders liquidate and stockpile cash, kill the markets.. When all the 'free money' is gone homes will foreclose, businesses die for good. Guess who has all the cash? buy up real estate, businesses, inventory on the cheap and sell it back to our dumbasses
    Ding Ding Ding

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
      It's a game.. Keep the markets up, but dry up the jobs.. Then all the hedge funders liquidate and stockpile cash, kill the markets.. When all the 'free money' is gone homes will foreclose, businesses die for good. Guess who has all the cash? buy up real estate, businesses, inventory on the cheap and sell it back to our dumbasses
      Yep, it has been working like a charm since ERISA was signed in 1972.

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
        If people are going to be forced to stay at home - as in the government saying you can’t have your business open at this time - then I’m for it. If they are going to create the problem, I don’t want to see folks that want to work go without.

I realize there are some folks that will/have/would stay on unemployment because they are getting more than they would if they were working, but there is no fool proof plan here that I can envision.

I know that the extra $$’s have been appreciated in situations like mine where the furloughs are still happening, but even the extra $ doesn’t cover what I’m losing.

It’s a double edged sword, I choose to take the good with the bad here, and also think of it as getting some of my tax dollars back that I’ve been paying since I was 16.
        well said. Problem is Fed gov't shouldn't be responsible for Clay Jenkins or Greg Abbott shutting things down....

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
          well said. Problem is Fed gov't shouldn't be responsible for Clay Jenkins or Greg Abbott shutting things down....
          I can also agree with this, just wish that I had a better idea to take care of the folks that actually need it and would use the programs RESPONSIBLY, not mooch off the system.

But alas, I don't have a better idea - sort of lose/lose situation with all things factored in

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
            I can also agree with this, just wish that I had a better idea to take care of the folks that actually need it and would use the programs RESPONSIBLY, not mooch off the system.

But alas, I don't have a better idea - sort of lose/lose situation with all things factored in
            that's quite the wish list !!!!!

Comment

Problem is it is just like 2008/2009 only with triple the cash. I am not necessarily against helping those put out of work because of the pandemic. The problem is created by the leeches in the financial system that take 3 dollars for every 1 dollar that makes it to the people in need.

Comment

Working...
              X