New Relief Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Relief Package

Congress and administration are in negotiation for new relief package of at least 1 trillion. Does anyone here think this is a good plan? I was not for the first covid relief package of 3 trillion. The FED has added an additional 4 trillion. Makes the markets look good for now but chickens will eventually come home to roost.

If its only covid relief for those who "actually" need it, Im fine with it. Nancy pelosis husbands business doesnt need it. Alot of businesses got money they didnt need.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

No, didn't need the first one, keep rewarding people for spending everything they make and not working, brilliant.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
        Congress and administration are in negotiation for new relief package of at least 1 trillion. Does anyone here think this is a good plan? I was not for the first covid relief package of 3 trillion. The FED has added an additional 4 trillion. Makes the markets look good for now but chickens will eventually come home to roost.
        No

Comment

I'll give you a relief package... Open the **** country back up and use these masks for toilet paper and flush 'em down the **** toilet. THAT will solve this problem and no stimulus package needed. The people will stimulate themselves if the **** gubment will get out the way!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            I'll give you a relief package... Open the **** country back up and use these masks for toilet paper and flush 'em down the **** toilet. THAT will solve this problem and no stimulus package needed. The people will stimulate themselves if the **** gubment will get out the way!!!
            Dam right!

Comment

I dont agree with it if it pays people more to sit on their asses at home instead of taking a job that is offered to them. That is killing businesses right now that could be growing and putting people to work. And I agree, open this country back up and quit hiddening behind some boogie man virus. Lots of people die everyday of all kinds of things and in February nobody gave a rat's *** about it unless it was one of their own.

Comment

If people are going to be forced to stay at home - as in the government saying you can’t have your business open at this time - then I’m for it. If they are going to create the problem, I don’t want to see folks that want to work go without.

I realize there are some folks that will/have/would stay on unemployment because they are getting more than they would if they were working, but there is no fool proof plan here that I can envision.

I know that the extra $$’s have been appreciated in situations like mine where the furloughs are still happening, but even the extra $ doesn’t cover what I’m losing.

It’s a double edged sword, I choose to take the good with the bad here, and also think of it as getting some of my tax dollars back that I’ve been paying since I was 16.

Comment

Need based only, I would hope.

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
                    and also think of it as getting some of my tax dollars back that I’ve been paying since I was 16.
                    good point

Comment

I’m gonna place a bid on Gunbroker

Comment

In 6-8 months when homes are foreclosed on and businesses gone, no bailout. Choices have consequences worse than the flu that over 98% recover from. This is not the Nazi Holocaust, beaches in Normandy, Tarawa, IWO JIMA, Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, it's the flu. Turn off the TV.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by scoutman View Post
                          In 6-8 months when homes are foreclosed on and businesses gone, no bailout. Choices have consequences worse than the flu that over 98% recover from. This is not the Nazi Holocaust, beaches in Normandy, Tarawa, IWO JIMA, Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, it's the flu. Turn off the TV.
                          US casualties in WW2 were 0.32%

Current iCFR from Covid19 is 0.7%

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
                            If people are going to be forced to stay at home - as in the government saying you can’t have your business open at this time - then I’m for it. If they are going to create the problem, I don’t want to see folks that want to work go without.

I realize there are some folks that will/have/would stay on unemployment because they are getting more than they would if they were working, but there is no fool proof plan here that I can envision.

I know that the extra $$’s have been appreciated in situations like mine where the furloughs are still happening, but even the extra $ doesn’t cover what I’m losing.

It’s a double edged sword, I choose to take the good with the bad here, and also think of it as getting some of my tax dollars back that I’ve been paying since I was 16.
                            Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                            good point

uhh no! I promise if you have a job paying taxes you will be paying in a lot more in the future. Enough to pay back what they give you plus enough that was given to all the lazy sacks.

The total is over 65k per person. I can only imagine what it is for just those working and paying taxes. Over 100k I'm sure.

And why would anyone paying taxes be ok with the government shutting things down and then using your money to pay them?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeekeeper View Post
                              US casualties in WW2 were 0.32%

Current iCFR from Covid19 is 0.7%
                              Apples to apples is .32% vs .004%. Total deaths as a percentage of population.

Comment

Working...
                              X