GOP convention in Houston cancelled by Turner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
    Problem is when you start mocking someones disability your message gets lost in the ignorance of the joke.....

But I do agree that Abbott has been a disappointment lately in all of this mess....

And now I am hearing of another BLM protest on July 20 th...if this happens all hell will break loose
    You are probably right, but my parents generation of taking the moral high road and going along to get along is what has landed us in this mess.

So if God was being prophetic when he dropped that tree limb on Kaiser Abbott’s back, then so be it. I’ll call a spade a spade.

Comment

Gee. Who saw that coming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just another **** trying to help out his party, he needs to be flushed down the toilet.

Comment

Supposedly, Montgomery county has offered to let the convention move there. Hope it can be done.

Comment

I am all for a good politician bashing, but I wonder why no other county has stepped up and said "we'll host it here?" There are republican run counties and cities all around Harris Co/Houston and Texas. Wonder why none of them jumped in and said "Yo, come hang out here!"

Comment

He'll be hearing from Allen West

Comment

Looks like an opportunity for an adjacent city/county. It's not like the organizers were or should be surprised when the host facility employees were skeptical about working the event since last month.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                  Supposedly, Montgomery county has offered to let the convention move there. Hope it can be done.
                  Originally posted by Jason View Post
                  I am all for a good politician bashing, but I wonder why no other county has stepped up and said "we'll host it here?" There are republican run counties and cities all around Harris Co/Houston and Texas. Wonder why none of them jumped in and said "Yo, come hang out here!"
                  Sheesh bro... Catch up with the times and stop being 1 minute late to everything

Comment

Montgomery County Judge Mark Keough, a Republican, invited the Republican Party of Texas to hold its in-person convention in the county after Houston officials canceled the event slated for next week at George R. Brown Convention Center.

Comment

Worth those exorbitant taxes MCAD is charging!

Comment

Wonder what venue(s) MOCO would use to host the convention??

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Where's our glorious governor on this???? ... sittin' on his hands AGAIN!! What a worthless piece of crap! He's let Dora the explorer and now Sylvester the crooked cat mayor **** all down his neck... no backbone Abbott strikes again.
                          Yep. He's a feckless leader who leans whatever way the wind is blowing. I feel sorry for him, I can't imagine going through life in such a way.

I really hope Montgomery County makes it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                            No backbone! Ha! That guy won’t stand on any principle. Matter of fact he won’t stand at all

Come on man...accidents could happen to anyone of us. We need to be bigger than this. Not make fun of the disabled.

I’m sure they’ll find some other place that will be happy to host it. Places are hurting for the revenue with all of the cancelations. Just have to do a bit of traveling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

I really hope Montgomery County makes it work.
                              Per todays statement the Republicans are now saying they WANT TO BE IN HOUSTON! Sounds like fighting with Houston is more important than holding the convention. Oh well, have fun with that!

Comment

It's more than just the venue. Booked hotel reservations for around 8,000- 9-000 within walking distance of the facility for 3-4 days would be hard to accommodate on this short notice.

Comment

Working...
                                X