Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

NFL games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
    Hope the whole season gets cancelled and the over paid ...... have to go get a real job.
    This here^^^

Comment

Hey,

I was out decades ago when I discovered high school games were more enjoyable to me

Comment

I’ll miss it. I stopped watching when the kneeling started a few years back then started watching the next year. I’m trying to find a way to explain to my almost 8 year old son. He LOVES all sports, he lives for it. Just sucks

Comment

Can't recall how long ago it was, but I bailed the day Bob Costa took to lecturing us on "evil guns" during a half time.

Haven't been back since. Don't even miss it at all.

Comment

The “Redskins” name is a “thing” again as per Fox Federal Express has asked them to change their name since they play at fedex field.

Comment

It won't end until the consumer makes it end. For me just knowing what is in their heart and how that money would probably support other organizations that I don't believe in, even if they switch back I still won't support them.
              Let them get a different job that reminds them how good they really had it.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                Can't recall how long ago it was, but I bailed the day Bob Costa took to lecturing us on "evil guns" during a half time.

Haven't been back since. Don't even miss it at all.
                I didnt quit the entire NFL when that happened but I quit SNF after that. I like my sports to be just sports. I dont need someone's political opinion mixed in with it.

Comment

I guess that is an idea.........but not sure why?
                  But I am not sure why all the upset responses either?
                  It is a song that started as a poem (written to celebrate the birthday of President Lincoln)...…..like the Star Spangled Banner starting as a poem. It is a song...….like America the Beautiful (my favorite).
                  Lift Every Voice & Sing, is a call for all Americans to speak in one voice for all Americans. Nothing mean, obtuse, racist or subversive in the poem or song. So basically, playing the song is not replacing anything just adding to a pre-game ritual......big whoop.
                  It seems like pandering (and will be perceived as such) at best from the NFL. With the league overwhelmingly having the best sports franchise globally it is all about dollars, and the NFL believes it is a time to show solidarity...…..especially when your product could be at risk.
                  It would be more beneficial & impactful in my estimation/opionion to get serious about player association concerns, head trauma rates, and leadership gaps.
                  For me it is much like the protesting (not to be confused with idiot rioters & anarchists)...……."the point has been made concerning a man being killed on video"...…….now take it to the board rooms and the halls of congress and address the legitimate issues that continue to raise their ugly heads.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                    I’m out. I’m not a rabid sports fan but I usually tune into a few Cowboys games. Pizz on them and anybody who watches another game. If this answer offends any of the TBH staff or rules then I’m out on TBH also.

I dig .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    I guess that is an idea.........but not sure why?
                    But I am not sure why all the upset responses either?
                    It is a song that started as a poem (written to celebrate the birthday of President Lincoln)...…..like the Star Spangled Banner starting as a poem. It is a song...….like America the Beautiful (my favorite).
                    Lift Every Voice & Sing, is a call for all Americans to speak in one voice for all Americans. Nothing mean, obtuse, racist or subversive in the poem or song. So basically, playing the song is not replacing anything just adding to a pre-game ritual......big whoop.
                    It seems like pandering (and will be perceived as such) at best from the NFL. With the league overwhelmingly having the best sports franchise globally it is all about dollars, and the NFL believes it is a time to show solidarity...…..especially when your product could be at risk.
                    It would be more beneficial & impactful in my estimation/opionion to get serious about player association concerns, head trauma rates, and leadership gaps.
                    For me it is much like the protesting (not to be confused with idiot rioters & anarchists)...……."the point has been made concerning a man being killed on video"...…….now take it to the board rooms and the halls of congress and address the legitimate issues that continue to raise their ugly heads.
                    It doesn't seem like they are implying one voice for all...
                    Seems like they are implying it's simply for the black man.
                    What's your take on all this?
                    You're a respected member on here, so I'm curious.
                    From what I know, you do goood for you and yours.
                    I'm curious how you made it, with all the "opposition " that was holding you back...?
                    Especially considering that you are head and shoulders above 98% or more of the members here.
                    Listen to the media, and you would be convinced that's impossible, yet here you are .

Comment

Seems NFL and NASCAR have parallel paths. Which one will get to the finish line first. As in defunct!

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                        I’m out. I’m not a rabid sports fan but I usually tune into a few Cowboys games. Pizz on them and anybody who watches another game. If this answer offends any of the TBH staff or rules then I’m out on TBH also.
                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        x2

Let this sink in. Every race, culture, gender etc.. has their own place to shop, sports to watch etc. Why can't good old American Christians have their own things? Where's the white TV channel? Where's the Red, White, and Blue places to eat or shop for groceries? I, along with others, would spend money at these places but they are near impossible to find. Why?

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                        It won't end until the consumer makes it end. For me just knowing what is in their heart and how that money would probably support other organizations that I don't believe in, even if they switch back I still won't support them.
                        Let them get a different job that reminds them how good they really had it.
                        People need to open their eyes and see that the NFL is anti-LEO. That's exactly what they are when they showcase and/or let players showcase "victims" who are clearly criminals, when the intent is nothing more than to put the LEO in jail.

Comment

It is 100% pandering to think anything else is silly.
                          The NFL gave up on the consumer long ago and at some point the consumer will realize it.

Comment

He gets it! America made the NFL. America made
                            Thousands of Black men millionaires over the last 30 years

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                              It doesn't seem like they are implying one voice for all...
                              Seems like they are implying it's simply for the black man.
                              What's your take on all this?
                              You're a respected member on here, so I'm curious.
                              From what I know, you do goood for you and yours.
                              I'm curious how you made it, with all the "opposition " that was holding you back...?
                              Especially considering that you are head and shoulders above 98% or more of the members here.
                              Listen to the media, and you would be convinced that's impossible, yet here you are .
                              Don't know how to answer most of this as I don't think in those terms. There was another TBHer that asked me similar questions 2-3 weeks ago. By the time I had some downtime to answer on the thread it had gotten whacked.
                              Lets see,......I guess I gave "my take" previously.
                              So in addition, it is how someone intends to interpret what a organization (NFL) is doing with their league. Which none of us truly know.
                              "Implying"...... could mean pandering as I noted, but it does not mean excluding others. Heck, a talking head said he did not even know the song existed. It is only 125 years old....lol. I am confident that the NFL has already determined (financially) the consequences, or lack thereof.
                              "Respected", doubt that but thanks. As part of the ole TBH crew I know every subject discussed was far from hyperbole & dogma on the greenscreen. It has been quite the transition, and also learning experience.
                              "Do good for you and yours"...…...wow! I don't know how to take that? I try to do good by everyone and God makes sure we are taken care of at the end of the day. "Do unto others..... comes to mind!"
                              "Made it"...….doubt that also, as we have a long way to reach our stretch goals in the next 10 years. Gonna be tough but if we fall short at least we reach the moon!
                              "Head & Shoulders"......not by any stretch. We continue to work our written plan and tweak our plan as we geaux....but we never forget the end game; #achievement, #success #philanthropy. Nothing special really, except focus on what truly matters in this life and smile along the journey.
                              "Here I am".....yep, just a guy who loves the majestic flight of the arrow! Someone designing their objectives in life based on sensational media reports, TBH hyperbole or general negativity in their network has already loss in the game of life. I deaux my best not to stomp my way thru the day without being a positive influence. It cost nothing, but it is a choice!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                                Don't know how to answer most of this as I don't think in those terms. There was another TBHer that asked me similar questions 2-3 weeks ago. By the time I had some downtime to answer on the thread it had gotten whacked.
                                Lets see,......I guess I gave "my take" previously.
                                So in addition, it is how someone intends to interpret what a organization (NFL) is doing with their league. Which none of us truly know.
                                "Implying"...... could mean pandering as I noted, but it does not mean excluding others. Heck, a talking head said he did not even know the song existed. It is only 125 years old....lol. I am confident that the NFL has already determined (financially) the consequences, or lack thereof.
                                "Respected", doubt that but thanks. As part of the ole TBH crew I know every subject discussed was far from hyperbole & dogma on the greenscreen. It has been quite the transition, and also learning experience.
                                "Do good for you and yours"...…...wow! I don't know how to take that? I try to do good by everyone and God makes sure we are taken care of at the end of the day. "Do unto others..... comes to mind!"
                                "Made it"...….doubt that also, as we have a long way to reach our stretch goals in the next 10 years. Gonna be tough but if we fall short at least we reach the moon!
                                "Head & Shoulders"......not by any stretch. We continue to work our written plan and tweak our plan as we geaux....but we never forget the end game; #achievement, #success #philanthropy. Nothing special really, except focus on what truly matters in this life and smile along the journey.
                                "Here I am".....yep, just a guy who loves the majestic flight of the arrow! Someone designing their objectives in life based on sensational media reports, TBH hyperbole or general negativity in their network has already loss in the game of life. I deaux my best not to stomp my way thru the day without being a positive influence. It cost nothing, but it is a choice!
                                You are incorrect with your “Respected, doubt that but thanks” portion above. I have been on here a long time and I would be one of the first to jump on that you are a respected member here. I have never met you but I know well enough that you and I would get along just fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X