4th of July beach traffic closed in Port A, Corpus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rvd View Post
    The only plan that makes any sense to me at the moment is to attempt to slow it down enough to keep icu beds available to those that need them. I think that could mean wearing masks properly and social distancing, I'm not a fan of choking the economy any further than we have. I'm real close to the fire on this deal, really wish it wasn't "real" but it is.
    So how full are the ICU beds? I'm not trying to be an *** it's a serious question. Everything I read at the start of this months and months ago was what you said above. Keep the hospitals close to full... Everything I've read since then has been hospitals are empty. Media touts "covid beds" are at capacity but when you read deeper they are only 3-20% of the hospital beds.. Which makes sense because why would hospitals section off more than they currently need?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      So how full are the ICU beds? I'm not trying to be an *** it's a serious question. Everything I read at the start of this months and months ago was what you said above. Keep the hospitals close to full... Everything I've read since then has been hospitals are empty. Media touts "covid beds" are at capacity but when you read deeper they are only 3-20% of the hospital beds.. Which makes sense because why would hospitals section off more than they currently need?
      I don't know about all the hospitals but the one's that my employees are in have no icu beds available at the moment. They sent one of my employees home because he was improving and he had to go back in 2 days later, currently on oxygen but was on vent. I don't pretend to have the answers and I'm spending 0 time trying to research anything in the news, just know what I'm personally going thru and what others in my bubble are experiencing. I'm in the Houston area fwiw.

Comment

Mask either work or they dont. If they work open everything up. If they do not, get rid of the new mandate.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
          Mask either work or they dont. If they work open everything up. If they do not, get rid of the new mandate.
          How dare you bring common sense to this discussion!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            Since my question has been ignored I'll ask it here where a few of you think you know what you're talking about.

What's the plan? Wear a mask and slow the spread/slow the curve? Then what? How long will this new curve take? Will the virus just give up and go away? Surely you people know it will linger. Even the CDC says it's not going away and 65% of Americans will get it before this is over.

So what's the plan?
            The powers are going to be pushing mandatory vaccinations once we have a barely tested vaccine. Big pharma will make a killing and the people will be willing subjects.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
              I don't know about all the hospitals but the one's that my employees are in have no icu beds available at the moment. They sent one of my employees home because he was improving and he had to go back in 2 days later, currently on oxygen but was on vent. I don't pretend to have the answers and I'm spending 0 time trying to research anything in the news, just know what I'm personally going thru and what others in my bubble are experiencing. I'm in the Houston area fwiw.
              No offense but I don't believe you. The media is out and about trying their dangest to find hospitals that are full. We know this because we see it any time the TV comes on...and you have to listen to their words closely.

Please post a link or hospital name..something. I really would like to know if it's true and not just hype BS...or as the media puts it the COVID section is maxed out but then fail to tell us the other 95% of hospital ICU is empty.

Comment

I can tell you RiverRat, the RGV is getting hit hard right now. Mind you, we don’t have the capacity of some of the big city hospitals, but I have multiple buddies in different ERs and lots of close friends in Fire/EMS. They’ve had other ambulance agencies send down units to assist with keeping up with calls and last night every single hospital down here was on diversion.

Not saying people are dropping likes flies and the funeral homes are packed, but the system down here is being tested.

Comment

Working...
                X