HS Football & COVID 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flufster View Post
    I think UIL just pulled off a magic trick. I’ve said all along that the small schools would play. Now they found a way to separate liberal cities from conservative cities. This has always been about politics and never about the kids. For my kid to play his 6A school will have to be on campus and I dont ever see them allowing that to happen. We are about to screw over a whole class again and set all the other classes back another year. Ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sad but true. I'm glad the UIL separated the small and large schools. Everyone shouldn't be penalized by the liberal cities' actions.

Comment

FWISD was just told by the County Health Commissioner.....online only until late September.

I'm freaking sick of politics!!!!!!!

Comment

I think UIL just pulled off a magic trick. I’ve said all along that the small schools would play. Now they found a way to separate liberal cities from conservative cities.

To a certain extent...looks like San Angelo Central will be pushed back and I'm pretty sure San Angelo is not considered a liberal city. Same with Lubbock, Abilene, Amarillo schools etc.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
          To a certain extent...looks like San Angelo Central will be pushed back and I'm pretty sure San Angelo is not considered a liberal city. Same with Lubbock, Abilene, Amarillo schools etc.

Well yeah of course but UIL has never gave a crap about the west Texas 6A. Hell look at SA’s schedule the last two years

Comment

Well yeah of course but UIL has never gave a crap about the west Texas 6A. Hell look at SA’s schedule the last two years

Very true, thank goodness we got "redistricted" back.

Comment

HS Football & COVID 19

Very true, thank goodness we got "redistricted" back.

No doubt. No big deal for football every other week but the other sports had to take a beating with week night drives to metromess

Comment

Or Kerrville!!!!!

Comment

Alright! So excited we get to play ball!

We're in a small county so have been allowed to have workouts all summer. New staff, 2A D1. We are going to surprise some people this year.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

The kids need this heck we need this some type of norm is what we all need to get back to relieved that they are letting the kids play....

Comment

Fingers crossed that the next step isn’t a cancellation of the entire season for big schools.
                      Last edited by Mastro; 07-21-2020, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Love it for Goldthwaite, 2A division I, but that could change anytime. I sure hope not for my Grand Kids. They are ready for school and sports!

Comment

I’ll believe it when I see the lights on a Friday night. All it will take is one kid or coach to test positive and then you have a forfeit for the week and neither team gets to play and the positive team has a 14 day mandatory vacation which leads to two forfeits. So does that team they had a 14 day break pick back up thereafter? How do you manage this from a scheduling standpoint? How do you even begin to have a meaningful playoff system.
                          Wish they would move the season to the spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

And so much for deer season if this season does come to fruition

Comment

Logistics for football in Spring would be bad. Some schools rely on athletes and coaches for Fall and Spring sports. Have it Spring and 6 coaches gone to baseball and track. Your track and baseball athletes not playing football. And your athletes will be on your track and field teams. Scholarship potential outweighs everything else. Baseball pitchers would have to start now to safely throw in September. Need at least 6 weeks get ready to throw.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                                Logistics for football in Spring would be bad. Some schools rely on athletes and coaches for Fall and Spring sports. Have it Spring and 6 coaches gone to baseball and track. Your track and baseball athletes not playing football. And your athletes will be on your track and field teams. Scholarship potential outweighs everything else. Baseball pitchers would have to start now to safely throw in September. Need at least 6 weeks get ready to throw.

I don’t disagree with what you said id just rather play football than baseball and we know which generates more interest and revenue

Comment

Working...
                                X