No announcement yet.

HS Football & COVID 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there wasn't an announcement because the Texas HS Coaches meeting is taking place. They know if they make an announcement, all the coaches will scatter to figure out how it impacts their school.

I've heard "District Only games" but I'm still betting they just push everything back 3-4 weeks. It will be interesting to see how that plays out with Christmas being on a Friday. We might see Sunday HS football.

Comment

Seems like most teams make the playoffs with sorry records anyway....I would think that could be streamlined big time.

Comment

Yesterday the Harris County dimwit county judge, Dora The Explorer, sent letters to all the districts in the county asking them to postpone any on campus activities for the kids until after the first 8 week period... That put's 'em into October... And she don't even have sense to know some school districts within Harris county are not entirely within Harris county... But then again, her little world just goes to the county line... Her handlers/babysitters are doing a real sorry job at handling her... She it truly an embarrassment to the citizens of the county, but then they voted her aras in...

Comment

UIL just announced that 6A and 5A will be pushed back to starting on 9/7 with Championships to be played in January 2021.

4A and below are still starting on 8/3.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

WOW!!!!!!!! As a coach I cannot believe UIL went this route but being at a 3a I am not complaining

Comment

I'm very glad to see as well. Our school is 3A so guess we had better get ready to get going

Comment

We are excited the UIL went this route. Time to strap them on and get after it. 3A-Division 1 High School.

Comment

are middle schools going to be on the same schedule as their HS?

Comment

Little more in depth...I’m just glad they’re not cancelling complete seasons like some schools in CA.

Comment

I'm glad to see this, but I'm going to temper my enthusiasm until I see "boots(cleats) on the ground".

Comment

Not bad, not bad at all........

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                            I'm glad to see this, but I'm going to temper my enthusiasm until I see "boots(cleats) on the ground".
                            Gagreed

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                              Gagreed
                              Nice to be in agreeance.

Comment

I think UIL just pulled off a magic trick. I’ve said all along that the small schools would play. Now they found a way to separate liberal cities from conservative cities. This has always been about politics and never about the kids. For my kid to play his 6A school will have to be on campus and I dont ever see them allowing that to happen. We are about to screw over a whole class again and set all the other classes back another year. Ridiculous

Comment

Working...
                                X