No announcement yet.

Fatherless homes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Systemic racism”, “income inequality” “environmental equality” and sooooo many others.

These are all false constructs of the left. All to provide excuses for people who reject personal accountability.

They’re designed and defined, as to make your problems, someone else’s fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Are you willing to risk your personal money? I assure you there is a vetting process and if you don’t pass muster you don’t get a loan. Unless the government forces you to of course.

But those programs don’t exist, right?

I can assure you I’ve been poor white trash in my life and I’ve had plenty of banks tell me no; because I wasn’t able to prove I was able to repay the loan.

So I got off my ***, busted it, sent my wife to college and now we are considered “privileged” because I pulled up my bootstraps and did what I had to do to be successful. I earned everything I have. We have NEVER asked for a dime of assistance from the government because we didn’t want their money. We made it on our own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Amen sir!
      Unfortunately those with rocks on their shoulders won’t comprehend it

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
        “Systemic racism”, “income inequality” “environmental equality” and sooooo many others.

These are all false constructs of the left. All to provide excuses for people who reject personal accountability.

It’s always someone else’s fault

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post

It’s always someone else’s fault
          I’m just sick of it. I’ve been with the same company 10 years. And started with them through a temp agency making $8.50/hour as counter sales/ stocking help. All the while holding a second job which I worked at night 3-4 days a week.

God has blessed me immensely through this opportunity, but I made the most of it. Through hard work and setting myself apart through work ethic and drive.

Anyone can do that! We grew up poor. Never went without, but vacation were taken at the house for the most part. Just the way it was. My mom did the best she could and busted her *** for us.

Unfortunately what we are seeing for the first time in a lot of cases is these kids have never seen anything else. All they know is welfare. Same for their parents and often times, their parents.

We have finally reached a Point where in some families, all living members have been supported by the government their whole lives. It’s all they’ve ever known. It’s been designed as such by the Democrats. And these people have been lead to believe it is this way, because of inequalities. (This is not specific to any one race either.) but it is most certainly more prevalent, per capita, among minority citizens.
          Minorities SHOULD be up in arms! But this anger needs to be directed at the appropriate place - the democrat party.
          The left is passing the buck on one of the most important issues to ever plague our country, they are trying to make the founders of this country and conservatives the fall guy for years and years of racially motivated “assistance”. Assistance designed, to keep them voting democrat to maintain the assistance. Which in reality, is not assistance at all. It is merely a way to keep these voters under their thumbs.

I pray for these folks being used by the Democrats daily. I pray they see it for what it is, and soon. That’s why I speak up. That’s why I’m not quiet. This is wrong on all levels.
          Last edited by JLivi1224; 06-16-2020, 07:46 AM.

Comment

I’m just sick of it. I’ve been with the same company 10 years. And started with them through a temp agency making $8.50/hour as counter sales/ stocking help. All the while holding a second job which I worked at night 3-4 days a week.

God has blessed me immensely through this opportunity, but I made the most of it. Through hard work and setting myself apart through work ethic and drive.

Anyone can do that! We grew up poor. Never went without, but vacation were taken at the house for the most part. Just the way it was. My mom did the best she could and busted her *** for us.

Unfortunately what we are seeing for the first time in a lot of cases is these kids have never seen anything else. All they know is welfare. Same for their parents and often times, their parents.

We have finally reached a Point where in some families, all living members have been supported by the government their whole lives. It’s all they’ve ever known. It’s been designed as such by the Democrats. And these people have been lead to believe it is this way, because of inequalities. (This is not specific to any one race either.) but it is most certainly more prevalent, per capita, among minority citizens.
            Minorities SHOULD be up in arms! But this anger needs to be directed at the appropriate place - the democrat party.
            The left is passing the buck on one of the most important issues to ever plague our country, they are trying to make the founders of this country and conservatives the fall guy for years and years of racially motivated “assistance”. Assistance designed, to keep them voting democrat to maintain the assistance. Which in reality, is not assistance at all. It is merely a way to keep these voters under their thumbs.

I pray for these folks being used by the Democrats daily. I pray they see it for what it is, and soon. That’s why I speak up. That’s why I’m not quiet. This is wrong on all levels.

Strong message sir, and very well said! A soft heart that is convicted delivers a good word, and this sir is strong evidence of it!
            Thank you!

Comment

Charlie I appreciate that post and that conversation more than you could know.

It literally breaks my heart. I want to help this afflicted see it this way. This world needs Jesus. Needs Love.
              What I’ve failed to do, and I think this goes for a lot of us , is to speak truth, but IN LOVE. Speak truth, but WITH LOVE
              Last edited by JLivi1224; 06-16-2020, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Amen! Yessir!

Comment

Ok, then please provide examples? Help us understand it.....?
                  Myself and others have asked for this above.

What is systemic racism? Where does it exist, and how?
                  Read the book I recommended and watch the documentary. It’s too much to explain on an Internet forum.

Buts some short examples,
                  Redlining
                  The war on drugs started by Nixon and Reagan, continued by Bush 1 and Clinton
                  Whitewashing of the Tulsa Race massacre.

Just please take an hour and a half of your time and watch The 13th. It’ll change your perspective, I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by mwk128 View Post
                    Read the book I recommended and watch the documentary. It’s too much to explain on an Internet forum.

Redlining

Just please take an hour and a half of your time and watch The 13th. It’ll change your perspective, I promise.

Most of what you listed are legit problems, but Redlining has been debunked over and over in the modern era. Especially now that you can easily apply for loans without sitting down in person to do so.

Just because certain areas have lower acceptance rates on loans than others doesn’t mean it is racially motivated. If the applicants have lower income, worse credit, or heavier debt loads they SHOULDN’T get approved at the same rates. If the equation to determine acceptance rates takes zero account of race, and relies solely on the mathematically statistical chance of default ... it ain’t racist.

People who have worked to have the higher credit scores, money for down payments, and ensure they budget to meet their bills even when unexpected things happen almost always step up to higher priced properties once those goals are achieved. This is why neighborhoods within cities tend to stratify into different price points. If I can afford to live in a lower crime rate area, with better schools, and closer to amenities... I move there. Lower income neighborhoods export the people who decide to get their house in order, and that just happens to export the very people who generally qualify for loans.

This is a classic example of cherry picking a statistic that meets a narrative and ignoring the underlying drivers of that statistic.

That is like saying that people of Jewish descent being better off financially, on average, is systemic racism. People who hold that view just conveniently gloss over the MASSIVE focus within that culture of teaching their children wise money handling skills before they they leave the house and entrench bad habits.

It has been proven OVER and OVER that the vast majority of Americans, regardless of color, can plant themselves firmly into the middle class simply by waiting to have kids until after marriage, sticking to a good budget, and making sound financial decisions. Our public schooling doesn’t teach these skills, so it is up to the parents to do so. It isn’t systemically racist that some parents pass these skills down and others don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mwk128 View Post

Redlining

Not diminishing the horrible nature of any of these activities at all, but I don't see that Redlining and the Tulsa Massacre are relevant to today's issues? Thomas Sowell, Shelby Steele and Bob Woodson, who grew up during segregation, (which I would have to believe was a much tougher era to succeed) all refute these as valid reasons to not be able to achieve success in today's society. They consistently agree that the Great Society social programs are the basis for the problems (and other related issues). I am not sure why they would have reasons to lie, but who knows. As far as the war on drugs, not sure what angle you are pursuing, but I am on the side (probably the short list) of those that think we need much tougher sentences for drug possession. I feel the only way to reduce the problem is to stop the demand because unfortunately, the supply will always be there. Not meaning to start a discussion on the last point at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
                          Not diminishing the horrible nature of any of these activities at all, but I don't see that Redlining and the Tulsa Massacre are relevant to today's issues? Thomas Sowell, Shelby Steele and Bob Woodson, who grew up during segregation, (which I would have to believe was a much tougher era to succeed) all refute these as valid reasons to not be able to achieve success in today's society. They consistently agree that the Great Society social programs are the basis for the problems (and other related issues). I am not sure why they would have reasons to lie, but who knows. As far as the war on drugs, not sure what angle you are pursuing, but I am on the side (probably the short list) of those that think we need much tougher sentences for drug possession. I feel the only way to reduce the problem is to stop the demand because unfortunately, the supply will always be there. Not meaning to start a discussion on the last point at all.
                          Do you realize that most personal wealth is in the form of real estate?
                          And that if YOU were locked out of investing in the most lucrative neighborhoods that your finances would not grow as fast as those with the ability to invest in those areas
                          Do you even have any idea of how red lining worked?

Do more research on it and learn how the banks controlled the flow of wealth with it.

War on drugs....
                          How did cocaine and crack get from Colombia to South Central Los Angeles and 5th ward Houston and Oak Cliff in Dallas?

Those bloods and crips no habla Espanol and they for sure weren't chartering plane loads of it to feed their demand.

History tells us USA govt let cocaine be sold in USA to fund the Nicaraguan war and overthrow their govt.

Read some more.
                          Last edited by texansfan; 06-18-2020, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                            And that if YOU were locked out of investing in the most lucrative neighborhoods that your finances would not grow as fast as those with the ability to invest in those areas

Do more research on it and learn how the banks controlled the flow of wealth with it.
                            I am not arguing that it never occurred, only that as others have mentioned, I don't believe it occurs today. Also, I don't believe we discussing building massive personal wealth, only the existence of barriers to allow someone to achieve middle class status. I am sure I am not as intellectually enlightened as you, however I do have some level of common sense. I know I do not have all the answers, but put some level of confidence in the ideas of those (who I mentioned earlier) who lived it and succeeded.

Comment

War on drugs....
                              How did cocaine and crack get from Colombia to South Central Los Angeles and 5th ward Houston and Oak Cliff in Dallas?

Those bloods and crips no habla Espanol and they for sure weren't chartering plane loads of it to feed their demand.

History tells us USA govt let cocaine be sold in USA to fund the Nicaraguan war and overthrow their govt.

Read some more.
                              I understand that, and this would run counter to stiffer drug laws. As I said, I don't want to change the direction of this thread, but loosening laws, sentences etc. regarding illegal substances (which some say are racially driven) will certainly not help the above situation.

Comment

War on drugs....

Read some more.

You completely glossed over my explanation of redlining being debunked in the modern era...

People are only “locked out” now if they don’t ACTUALLY qualify for the loan. The highest concentration of people who don’t qualify for loans tend to live in the least expensive neighborhoods. That isn’t red-lining... it is economics at work.

People from those poor neighborhoods who improve their financial situation BY AND LARGE leave that neighborhood once they can afford to do so.
                                No one is willing to talk about statistics measuring apples to apples. Show me an institution that has 2 applicants that make the same money, have the same percentage to pay down, have the same credit score, and are asking for the same loan amount, and STILL denies someone based on race... and I will gladly help publicly shame them and support their punishment.

BUT...
                                Don’t stand behind the common straw man argument of red lining. It just isn’t pervasive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X