Fatherless homes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatherless homes

It’s high time we start talking about the core issue in today’s minority communities. Nearly 70% of all young black men grow up without a father in the home. Just south of 50% Hispanics do as well.

THIS is the core issue. Before your comment, you should know I grew up the same way. Met my father once at 27, before he drank himself to death a couple years later.

This is what is plaguing black America. Not racism, systemic or otherwise( THIS IS NOT me saying that racism doesn’t exist. It does) . It’s not polices officers hunting them down , as the media would have you belive( there were actual FBI statistics I posted, but apparently it was deemed whack worthy) . This really bothers the hell out of me, especially seeing as it has been encouraged and incentivized by legislators. We can argue all day long about to what extent racism exists in America. There is no denying the negative impact this has on young men. It’s truly sad to me, as I’ve lived it. It’s a hard thing to overcome. Until there is a cultural shift, I’m afraid it will continue.
    The black community needs more strong leaders to speak out against narratives and to speak up about this epidemic.

Given my history, I can absolutely speak to this, whether others like it or not. Facts are facts and I’m worried about this. It HAS to change. Boys need their fathers. Period. And if they don’t have a father figure in the home they will find an older male father figure somewhere, and typically that means the streets.

******this is coming from a place of absolute love and empathy. I’ve lived this. God intervened and saved my life. . So please don’t get it twisted.
    Last edited by JLivi1224; 06-13-2020, 07:18 PM.

Agreed. Lots of resources fighting the good fight. Order of Man, Warrior Poet Society, Daily Dad, to name a few

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      Agreed. Lots of resources fighting the good fight. Order of Man, Warrior Poet Society, Daily Dad, to name a few
      I’m glad to hear it. THIS is a movement I could get behind. This would change our country forever. The family needs to be resurrected. Strong fathers in the home needs to be the norm.

Comment

Girls also need their Fathers!

Comment

First thing you have to do is shut down planned parenthood, minorities have to see the light and understand the only thing “systematic” going on is the killing of their own. Men need to take responsibility for their actions and we have to restore the value of life within the community. If black lives really matter This would be objective number one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
            I’m glad to hear it. THIS is a movement I could get behind. This would change our country forever. The family needs to be resurrected. Strong fathers in the home needs to be the norm.
            Dig into those. Order of Man has some solid content, but it’s not strictly father related.

Comment

There is a group called Men of Honor that try to reach the fatherless (boys and girls). They have managed to get in to some of the middle schools. That is where you can really impact young men and ladies.

It is an epidemic and it needs attention. And it is not just a specific race anymore...the numbers are holding true for all households.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

It’s not only boys who need the male influence that a father provides. I read a study years ago—and have since heard it repeated anecdotally—a father’s influence is just as important to girls. The study argued that girls actually get their sense of identity based on the way they’re treated by their fathers...even more than they do their mothers. Maybe yes, maybe no, but they definitely learn how to expect to be treated by the boys and young men they encounter throughout their lives from their fathers.

Thank you for sharing your story. It was very moving and spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                  Girls also need their Fathers!
                  No doubt, but Us males are the vast majority of crimes, specifically violent crimes.
                  Last edited by JLivi1224; 06-13-2020, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                    It’s not only boys who need the male influence that a father provides. I read a study years ago—and have since heard it repeated anecdotally—a father’s influence is just as important to girls. The study argued that girls actually get their sense of identity based on the way they’re treated by their fathers...even more than they do their mothers. Maybe yes, maybe no, but they definitely learn how to expect to be treated by the boys and young men they encounter throughout their lives from their fathers.

Couldn’t agree more.

Thank you.

Comment

It's their culture. You can't get them to change.

People need to understand that certain societies and cultures do better in general than others in stead of making up excuses and blaming the successful ones.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                        There is a group called Men of Honor that try to reach the fatherless (boys and girls). They have managed to get in to some of the middle schools. That is where you can really impact young men and ladies.

It is an epidemic and it needs attention. And it is not just a specific race anymore...the numbers are holding true for all households.

.....and God Bless America.
                        To the OP, I agree that fatherless homes are a great contributer to the issues we are seeing. But as stated above, its's not exclusive to a race. There is a giant void in respect for authority and it just keeps growing. I personally don't see this lack of respect being confined to certain races. I even see kids with fathers of all races that show a great lack of respect to most forms of authority including their parents.
                        Last edited by Pedernal; 06-13-2020, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                          To the OP, I agree that fatherless homes are a great contributer to the issues we are seeing. But as stated above, its's not exclusive to a race. There is a giant void in respect for authority and it just keeps growing. I personally don't see this lack of respect being confined to certain races. I even see kids with fathers of all races that show a great lack of respect to most forms of authority including their parents.

100% agree that the respect for authority is not race specific. However that is a parenting issue. Not a single parent household issue, typically speaking, IMO.
                          I see your point. But I’m speaking specifically Towards the 70/50% fatherless home rates in the black/Hispanic community. When you look deeper into it, you see the impact.
                          While making up Only 13% of the population, blacks are responsible for over 60% of all violent crimes. Those are staggering numbers and DIRECTLY related to lack of fathers in the homes. We cannot just pretend like these issues don’t exist. These conversations are uncomfortable. But so very important. There’s got to be a generational cultural shift in the family dynamics in those communities.

****** yes, it’s just as important to little girls.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post

They don’t refer to girls “with daddy issues” for nothing. Lots of truth to it.

This is a worthy cause. I’m down for either finding a group actively engaging this issue or starting one

Comment

I have been around many races and I can tell you that it is not by accident that there are less "fathers" in the black and Hispanic communities, mostly black. They have a plan from the time the girls reach their teens and that is to have children, do not get attached to any man, collect assistance and any welfare they can get and they have it planned out and it gets passed down. A large number of them live like this and continues to pass it down generation after generation. And where did it get it's start??? When the democrats decide they would just give to those who they "deemed" not smart enough or not good enough to make an honest living. Just keep voting for us and we will keep taking care of you. Nobody wants to speak the truth anymore, political tap dancing. The democrats for the most part designed it and have propagated it for a long time now.

Comment

Working...
                              X